From kJams Wiki
(Redirected from History)
The Something Hopeful Version
Note: We have forked! I'm now working on both 1.1 and 2.1 at the same time
This page is in in REVERSE chronological order (latest at TOP)
For the previous version, go here.
x.1b18 not out yet
- "there was no quid pro quo" - you mean, other than the quid pro quo you confessed to on TV?
- fixed crashes and asserts
- Windows: the "messenger" text draws a little more cleanly
x.1b16 Nov 26, 2019, The "Vegan Thanksgiving" version
- Win: fixed assert error re: audio (s_this). also fixed the left over audio tasks that prevent you from quitting
- ffmpeg may now be placed in the kJams Prefs folder, or in the kJams Plugins folder. but if you don't, the built in one will be used (used to demux mpeg1 files). no longer need to install the tools to get it to work, since it's LGPL
- mac: you can now opt into using SoundTouch for pitch changing (in the secret prefs: hold option key when invoking prefs). note i don't recommend it
- in the Audio prefs, you can now edit the SoundTouch key changing parameters, to try to find better key changing sound
- win: fixed asserts about color
x.1b15 Nov 2, 2019, The "Bedside Fan" version
- fixed the ability of kJams to find / create a temp folder, when the "kJams" folder itself is on a "shared" volume, like a network volume or one created by virtual machine host OS (when running in the guest OS)
- if you happen to have a defunct music store xml file lying around, kJams will no longer assert fail on startup
- you can open producer again with a KTP file and not get an assert
- fixed some font problems, created others (Producer fonts are a bit wacky)
x.1b14r1 Oct 8, 2019, The "Bernie Fuckin' Sanders" version
- Mac: in the General prefs, the "update frequency" popup was showing the wrong menu. fixed.
- Windows: in prefs->Tags, there's a pref "Delay time after click to start edit (seconds)", which has NEVER worked. the default was 3/4 seconds, which is what you always get, no matter WHAT you set there. In fact, what you set there would change "Delay time after editing to store tags to files (seconds)". OOPS!
- FIXED BUG: when getting disc info from freedb or musicbrainz, if it returned multiple discs, when you picked one kJams would say it couldn't be found.
- Windows: the updater would install the update, but incorrectly set some settings, causing the OLD version to run. this is fixed, though you MAY still have an old copy of kJams now on your system. the fix for that is to uninstall both copies, then reinstall. you won't lose your playlists or songs.
x.1b13 Sept 29, 2019, The "Sondheim" version
- got most of the buttons in the main window drawing, but they don't track (highlight when you click them) or actually do anything
- you can select playlists and the right data shows up!!!
- getting actual work done on the SQL database. nothing to show just yet
- fixed a crasher when pulling meta data from certain mp3 files
- fixed problem with messenger font drawing (was drawing all black, is SUPPOSED to draw black text with white outline)
- fixed ASSERT related to playing MediaStream files
x.1b12 Sept 23, 2019, The "Clairmont" version
- help buttons now work in dialogs
- implemented Stores pref panel (not the stores preferences sub-dialog, just the panel in the main prefs)
- hired a helper who's good at SQL! he's working on the database
- got the "About kJams" (crazy rainbow) ACTUALLY WORKING OMG!
- if KaraokeCloud fails to load the catalog, you'll now get an error instead of silence
- if you click the "help" icon next to Include Store songs in “Library”, it takes you to the right place
- when you go help->tech support, it will just download rather than taking you to the dropbox web site
- omg wow: if you do a Restore the selection dialog will work correctly, if you hit cancel (also shows day of the week now)
- windows: fixed ability to drag and drop from explorer into kJams
x.1b11r1 Sept 5, 2019, The "Fall of Rome" version
- Sources (tree) view is done, not using SQLite for that
- working on Tracks (table) view
- Mac: you'll no longer see the "Paddle" icon in your dock when you run kJams
- when sending log file (email) from help menu, again it correctly sets up the subject string
- help->tech support now gets the installer from dropbox, not my web site (which is still having trouble)
- macOS: version NAME is correctly reported
- macOS: resolving alias data using CFURL Bookmark method, not FS method
- macOS: now warns NOT to upgrade to Catalina, because reasons
x.1b10 July 31, 2019, The "New Fence" version
- windows: prefs dialog never gets too small to see all the panel list items
- when "upgrading" kJams (eg: from lite to pro, or pro to 2), don't crash after the purchase
- fixed it so you can just copy a SN from an "upgraded" kJams to a new computer and have it "just work"
- fixed so right clicking a text edit during startup won't crash
x.1b9 July 29, 2019, The "Debates" version
- fixed a crash on mac when trying to "recover" serial numbers
- fixed the "recover" workflow to ask if you have a coupon code
- after "converting" a serial number, doing "about kJams" should now report "Paddle"
x.1b8 July 26, 2019, The "Moonwalk Karaoke" version
- no, really, i think i really DID fix the crash on windows. really!
x.1b7 July 25, 2019, The "Ride the Duck" version
i think i fixed the paddle crash!Update: no, i didn't
x.1b4 July 19, 2019, The "Stray Cat Strut" version
- plugins now also show whether they're handled by Paddle or eSellerate
- fixed a problem properly registering via Paddle
- more asserts and logging WRT paddle trying to quash the windows crash
- Karaoke.Net store's "activity window progress bars" again display with nice names, instead of with unreadable URLs
- Paddle errors are again correctly shown instead of silently failing
x.1b1 July 16, 2019, The "Space Needle" version
- windows paddle: fixed crash if you got all the way to the "The license (Serial Number) format has changed" dialog, you click okay and you'd crash. fixed that.
- when you pick "about kJams" it will now say whether you are using Paddle or eSellerate
1.1b0 July 9, 2019, The "Marin County Fair" version
- Turned on the new Paddle ecommerce system: no longer optional
For the previous version, go here.