10.13 (“High Sierra”, the previous OS) fully supports 32bit
10.14 ("Mojave", the current OS) fullys support 32bit. I have tested kJams on 10.14, and found it to work just fine. So even though Apple says “[32 bit] with compromises”, I have found no compromises with kJams. It will periodically tell you the app is not optimized, and instruct you to contact me. Rest assured I know about this.
10.15 (due out around September 2019) will NOT support 32bit
I can now say that it is perfectly OKAY to upgrade to 10.14!
FYI: the current 32bit kJams will continue to run and be maintained for the foreseeable future!
In any case, I plan to have 64bit kJams ready to go BEFORE 10.15 is released, so you will have no interruptions! THE SHOW MUST GO ON!
You got nothin' to worry about, since Windows continues to support 32 bit apps, and probably won't stop for a very long time.
After the 64bit transition, you will be automatically upgraded to the 64bit version of kJams.
Sorry for any confusion.
I'm slowly moving forward with getting the 64 bit version of kJams working. Things I've done so far:
- upgraded my computer (brand new 2018 MBP)
- updated all my developer tools to latest (Xcode, "BootCamp" Windows 10, and MSDEV 2017, Qt 5.11.2 for both mac and windows
- have a preliminary Qt project for kJams that correctly loads all the menus with their keyboard shortcuts (both mac and windows) and the main window shell (which does nothing at all) note: those are actual screen shots of the 64bit app!!
- reserving some funding to hire a contract worker to write the SQL database, and another to write the media player
- you can track what i'm working on here