Jump to navigation Jump to search
Note: We have forked! I'm now working on both 1.1 and 2.1 at the same time
The Something Hopeful Version
Note: We have forked! I'm now working on both 1.1 and 2.1 at the same time
This page is in in REVERSE chronological order (latest at TOP)
x.1b26 not out yet
- more 64bit stuff
x.1b25 October 23, 2020, The "Nurse Ratched" version
- This version is finally code signed, and will NOT be flagged by Windows Defender! (make sure you have the latest definitions)
- On first run, the app can again install Python for you, instead of showing an error message
- when you pick "reveal in finder", you won't beachball, even if it takes a few seconds for the file's window to appear
- when you pick "reveal in finder/explorer", you'll get a notification that you did that
- a *tiny* bit of work toward true "cross platform" libraries (so you can take a mac library, and move it to windows, and vice versa, and not lose all your playlists / singers)
- fixed big bug for people who do NOT run in English: library-related file names are now always saved with english names, and it will recover gracefully if you accidentally got messed up from this bug previously (we had mixed-cases of localized and non-localized file names, which was bad)
- we now log tasks (activities) as they start and stop
- accidentally tied AVAILABILITY of freedb and MusicBrainz to the pref that said whether to AUTOMATICALLY use it. now, even if those prefs are off you can still USE them.
- fixed crash on quit due to timing conflict (InvokeTimer)
- fixed recently introduced bug where kJams would "forget" what venue you selected (was reading old library.xml file, instead of newer one which was written with the wrong name)
- fixed bug during ripping where it would silently lose track of the audio file you JUST ripped, and then later one day the song wouldn't play!
- when editing disc info, if the category is set to "none" you can always edit it, even if it was marked as not editable
- you can now submit freedb data from a disc based on a bin/cue file pair
- there is a new "Dimensions" meta data column, but it's empty, and you can't edit it
- sometimes a context click in the main (browser) window would pop up in the wrong place or show the wrong menu. fixed.
- the "Total Songs" sort column now works for singers (shows how many songs in their "Tonight" list)
- the kJams menu now has an entry for "About Open Source…" and the 64 bit version also has "About Qt…"
x.1b24 June 20, 2020, The "Lost" version
- 64bit: the database is actually coming along now, progress is happening!
- kJams again remembers your sort columns per playlist. (it kept restoring the default layout to every playlist on startup)
- when you try to play or purchase a song, and you're not logged in, the warning dialog will tell you which store you're in
- on startup, the "Get Airfoil Slip Value" no longer takes any time
- FreeDB has been fixed to point to gnudb, but submit is disabled cuz i don't think they support that?
- MusicBrainz has been fixed (rewritten to use the new API)
- just got rid of TrackType since it's gone
x.1b23 June 8, 2020, The "Little Fires Everywhere" version
- fixed the erroneous display of false message "When downloading, did not recieve all data" (was wrong anyway, we DID get the data. now it no longer shows)
- fixed crash opening any song (could be crash right after startup, if you had leftover encodings that picked up after startup)
- note that b22 was labeled b21 so was quite confusing. also it had the above crash, so we're just skipping it in the history
x.1b21 June 6, 2020, The "Handmaid's Tale" version
- "about kJams" now shows "Paddle" (correctly) when you have activated via paddle but somehow lost your license file
- downloading things on windows is faster
- there was a bug where the auto updater complained about couldn't launch an app, showing you a file path. i do NOT know why it did that but i think i've worked around it?
- double carriage returns in the "what's new" dialog work correctly now
x.1b20 June 4, 2020, The "Trek Bikes" version
- hired a helper for the SQLite Database, maybe this guy will actually follow through!
- volume controller is done (works while playing)
- double click to play is done
- updated to Qt Creator 4.12, Qt 5.14.2, and VS2019
- you can now "right click" on a song or playlist, and get the "context menu"
- working on playback of audio from video (movie) files (eg: h.264 etc) (with key changing, of course)
- in prefs->audio->cache
- you can now click a new "reveal" button
- mac fixed bug: pressing the "purge" button would stop working after the first time, if not all files got purged in the first pass. you'd have to exit out of the dialog and come back in for the button to work again.
- "Karaoke.Net" has been renamed "Party Tyme Downoads"
- "Party Tyme Pro" has been renamed "Party Tyme Pro Streaming"
- fixed an old longstanding bug that could crash you if two music stores updated at the exact same time
- fixed another old, longstanding bug, crash on startup, for when you have playlists with conflicting IDs
- fixed a recent bug where kJams forgot previously saved CD meta data
- no more mention of Perian. If you try to play an unrecognized file type, user is encouraged to convert to h.264
- if kJams makes a web request for something, and it takes longer than 30 seconds, it gives up. this is down from 2 minutes, which people mistook for a forever-hang
- MusicBrainz is now off by default until i fix it
- fixed longstanding problem of sprintf requiring a mutex, due to it having one global buffer. this caused any number of freezes (mutex contention) (bug where the app would just stop responding)
- you can now delete the *contents* of your "kJams Library" folder and kJams will rebuild. Previously you'd have to have deleted the folder itself. There is no check that you've really actually deleted everything, so you're on your own there
- the "new update is available" dialog now has a "Details" button that brings you here
x.1b19 May 3, 2020, The "Jane Goodall" version
- windows: put back old audio code that was crashing but hopefully won't crash? (much edited)
- version checking and download links are now redirects, so if those links ever CHANGE in the future, older apps (starting with this one) will still be able to get the updated links
- there's now a "what's new" section in the "check for updates" dialog, so you can see what's coming (only shows most recent changes)
x.1b18 April 21, 2020, The "Quarantinewhile" version
- you don't care
- updated python function that returns the current SDK version to just find it in the file system, rather than my having to manually enter it whenever the SDK version changes
- updated function CFDebugBreak() so it breaks on both mac and windows
- updated function CPlayList::GetRenameFile() so "forceB" actually works for all playlist types
- created easier method to create coupon codes for third party affiliates
- on startup, while loading playlists, if a playlist with the ID of the one you're loading already exists, we make note of the current playlist's name and ensure the NEW one has a different name, based on it's file name
- we now simply skip loading a playlist who's file size is zero, and we summarily and quietly delete it
- if Karaoke.Net [soon to be renamed "Party Tyme (Downloads)"] has an error during a purchase operation, the dialog that shows now names the music store that had trouble. previously it was just the message and it wasn't clear which store the problem came from
- more "safety net" error handling while loading the database on startup
- same thing but regarding dialogs (opening and closing dialog windows)
- holy shit fixed the windows crasher (right at the start of a song)
- fixed crashes and asserts
- Windows: the "messenger" text draws a little more cleanly
x.1b16 Nov 26, 2019, The "Vegan Thanksgiving" version
- Win: fixed assert error re: audio (s_this). also fixed the left over audio tasks that prevent you from quitting
- ffmpeg may now be placed in the kJams Prefs folder, or in the kJams Plugins folder. but if you don't, the built in one will be used (used to demux mpeg1 files). no longer need to install the tools to get it to work, since it's LGPL
- mac: you can now opt into using SoundTouch for pitch changing (in the secret prefs: hold option key when invoking prefs). note i don't recommend it
- in the Audio prefs, you can now edit the SoundTouch key changing parameters, to try to find better key changing sound
- win: fixed asserts about color
x.1b15 Nov 2, 2019, The "Bedside Fan" version
- fixed the ability of kJams to find / create a temp folder, when the "kJams" folder itself is on a "shared" volume, like a network volume or one created by virtual machine host OS (when running in the guest OS)
- if you happen to have a defunct music store xml file lying around, kJams will no longer assert fail on startup
- you can open producer again with a KTP file and not get an assert
- fixed some font problems, created others (Producer fonts are a bit wacky)
x.1b14r1 Oct 8, 2019, The "Bernie Fuckin' Sanders" version
- Mac: in the General prefs, the "update frequency" popup was showing the wrong menu. fixed.
- Windows: in prefs->Tags, there's a pref "Delay time after click to start edit (seconds)", which has NEVER worked. the default was 3/4 seconds, which is what you always get, no matter WHAT you set there. In fact, what you set there would change "Delay time after editing to store tags to files (seconds)". OOPS!
- FIXED BUG: when getting disc info from freedb or musicbrainz, if it returned multiple discs, when you picked one kJams would say it couldn't be found.
- Windows: the updater would install the update, but incorrectly set some settings, causing the OLD version to run. this is fixed, though you MAY still have an old copy of kJams now on your system. the fix for that is to uninstall both copies, then reinstall. you won't lose your playlists or songs.
x.1b13 Sept 29, 2019, The "Sondheim" version
- got most of the buttons in the main window drawing, but they don't track (highlight when you click them) or actually do anything
- you can select playlists and the right data shows up!!!
- getting actual work done on the SQL database. nothing to show just yet
- fixed a crasher when pulling meta data from certain mp3 files
- fixed problem with messenger font drawing (was drawing all black, is SUPPOSED to draw black text with white outline)
- fixed ASSERT related to playing MediaStream files
x.1b12 Sept 23, 2019, The "Clairmont" version
- help buttons now work in dialogs
- implemented Stores pref panel (not the stores preferences sub-dialog, just the panel in the main prefs)
- hired a helper who's good at SQL! he's working on the database
- got the "About kJams" (crazy rainbow) ACTUALLY WORKING OMG!
- if KaraokeCloud fails to load the catalog, you'll now get an error instead of silence
- if you click the "help" icon next to Include Store songs in “Library”, it takes you to the right place
- when you go help->tech support, it will just download rather than taking you to the dropbox web site
- omg wow: if you do a Restore the selection dialog will work correctly, if you hit cancel (also shows day of the week now)
- windows: fixed ability to drag and drop from explorer into kJams
x.1b11r1 Sept 5, 2019, The "Fall of Rome" version
- Sources (tree) view is done, not using SQLite for that
- working on Tracks (table) view
- Mac: you'll no longer see the "Paddle" icon in your dock when you run kJams
- when sending log file (email) from help menu, again it correctly sets up the subject string
- help->tech support now gets the installer from dropbox, not my web site (which is still having trouble)
- macOS: version NAME is correctly reported
- macOS: resolving alias data using CFURL Bookmark method, not FS method
- macOS: now warns NOT to upgrade to Catalina, because reasons
x.1b10 July 31, 2019, The "New Fence" version
- windows: prefs dialog never gets too small to see all the panel list items
- when "upgrading" kJams (eg: from lite to pro, or pro to 2), don't crash after the purchase
- fixed it so you can just copy a SN from an "upgraded" kJams to a new computer and have it "just work"
- fixed so right clicking a text edit during startup won't crash
x.1b9 July 29, 2019, The "Debates" version
- fixed a crash on mac when trying to "recover" serial numbers
- fixed the "recover" workflow to ask if you have a coupon code
- after "converting" a serial number, doing "about kJams" should now report "Paddle"
x.1b8 July 26, 2019, The "Moonwalk Karaoke" version
- no, really, i think i really DID fix the crash on windows. really!
x.1b7 July 25, 2019, The "Ride the Duck" version
i think i fixed the paddle crash!Update: no, i didn't
x.1b4 July 19, 2019, The "Stray Cat Strut" version
- plugins now also show whether they're handled by Paddle or eSellerate
- fixed a problem properly registering via Paddle
- more asserts and logging WRT paddle trying to quash the windows crash
- Karaoke.Net store's "activity window progress bars" again display with nice names, instead of with unreadable URLs
- Paddle errors are again correctly shown instead of silently failing
x.1b1 July 16, 2019, The "Space Needle" version
- windows paddle: fixed crash if you got all the way to the "The license (Serial Number) format has changed" dialog, you click okay and you'd crash. fixed that.
- when you pick "about kJams" it will now say whether you are using Paddle or eSellerate
1.1b0 July 9, 2019, The "Marin County Fair" version
- Turned on the new Paddle ecommerce system: no longer optional
For the previous version, go here.