From kJams Wiki
- you can resize the window
- you can put it on an External Monitor or TV
- you can make it full screen (command zero, or double click it)
- Pro Only: You can see the video in three places at once: Artwork Panel, and "Video Window 2" (Window menu)
- Will play QuickTime movies, including MPEG1 and MPEG2 (you need some plugins for that)
- Mac: You can show your web cam video under the lyrics screen! (Video->Web Cam Video Underlay)
- You can also make the video window "Transparent", so you can put pictures or even movies behind the video window. There's even a script to automate it!
Using iTunes for Video Underlay
- on Mac: apple->system preferences->mission control
- turn OFF "displays have separate spaces" (this will get rid of the menu bar on the TV)
- set your TV monitor's "desktop picture" to pure black
- open a video in iTunes, right click it and pick "[show / play video] in separate window"
- drag the video window over to the TV
- mac: hold down the option key and click the green "zoom" button
- this will "full screen" it WITHOUT making it totally take over the display (which would otherwise lock out all other apps from using it)
- windows: right click and pick "play video full screen"
- NOW you can move the kJams Video window over it, and go full screen with that
- Optional: in kJams->prefs->General, turn ON "Hide Video Window when Paused"
- this will cause the video window to disappear when paused, or when there is no song playing
- Optional: in kJams->prefs->General, turn ON "Transparent Video"
- this makes the background of karaoke songs get transparent, so you can see the video behind it!
- when it hides (or gets transparent) you'll see the iTunes video window underneath it