These instructions are geared toward Macintosh, but they are similar for Windows.
In the list, when I say "TV", I mean whatever display you're using for the Singer / Audience. You should have a separate display for that.
- For best performance:
- Your videos should be encoded with h.264
- your TV should be set to 720p or LOWER. Do NOT set it to 1080p. Best performance is 480p.
- set the "Desktop Picture" of your TV to be all black, solid color
- if you haven't done this yet:
- apple -> system preferences -> mission control
- UN-check "Displays have separate Spaces"
- log out (you don't need to re-start)
- in iTunes:
- load all your videos
- create a playlist of them
- start the video playlist, but do NOT go "full screen", instead just zoom the window to be as large as possible on the TV
- in kJams
- for best performance: go to the Menu "kJams -> Preferences -> General", and turn OFF "High Quality Video Upscaling"
- drag your Video window over to the TV
- go full screen with it (double click inside the Video window)
- in the Video menu, check "Transparent Video"
Now, when you play CD+G songs (not movie songs), the lyrics will play on top of the video