From kJams Wiki
It’s easy to rip music to your kJams library. Here’s how it works in Perfect World.
- Open kJams.
- Stick your CD+G or Super CDG into your disc drive and wait for it to open.
- Drag the tracks you want from the CD to the Library OR drag the CD icon itself to the Library OR go to File → Rip Selected.
Now for the Gotchas:
- Ripping requires a compatible drive, and many drives are not capable of reading CD+G discs. This is not an software issue; it’s like asking your CD player to play a DVD. If your drive can’t read CD+G discs, I recommend a LightScribe drive. Just about any one will do, and Amazon has them.
- If you have iTunes set to automatically open when you put in a disc, this will cause a problem. You will need to stop iTunes from doing this.
- If you want a file format that is not supported by QuickTime (for example, you want your music to end up as MP3 files), you will need to specify a different encoder.
- If you plug in your disc and the meta data is messed up, you will want to fix this before ripping.
For more information on these gotchas, click below.