you have a few choices about where you can store the pix that you'll use when creating templates.
- the kJams Preferences folder: [/Preferences/myPix/...]
- your "home" folder: [/~/?/...]
- your "kJams" folder (where the "kJams Library" folder resides): [/kJams/TemplatePix/...] note: this is just a shortcut for [/~/Music/kJams/...]
- the folder relative to the project, eg: [./mypic.png]. For example you may have a KTP file, you may add a picture NEXT TO that, or in a folder next to that file, in the file system, eg: [./pix/mypic.png]
in all cases you should make a sub-folder to store your pictures, call it what you will, perhaps "pix". for the "home" folder option, i suggest you put it in a sub-sub folder, eg [/~/Pictures/kJams/...] (that's why i had a ? in the example above)
you should put your pictures into the sub folder. you can call the folder anything you want. in the above examples i called it "myPix", "..." or "TemplatePix", but you can call it whatever you want
then make a new "small text" and change the text to say the temlate string (in brackets above) followed by the name of the file. get it?
- go to your home folder
- in there, go to your music folder
- in there, go to your kJams folder
- in there, make a new folder called "my pix"
- put some pictures in that folder. they can be of any type, they do NOT need to be only PICT files. eg: logo.png
- in Producer, add a new "small text" (click "templates->apply->small text")
- edit the text so it says "[/kJams/my pix/logo.png]" not including the quotes - Note that it will look in the above 3 places to find the file, so make sure "my pix" is the name of the folder you created.
- save the template
- now to see what it looks like, pick the template name from the Video menu
- when done viewing, pick "hide showscreen" to go back to editing mode
- when you're done, do a "Save Database" in the file menu, this will save your scratch song.