Catalina

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
HowardBrazee

Catalina

Post by HowardBrazee »

Will Mac users have advanced warning to turn off automatic updates on our Macs before Catalina comes out? Or do you expect the 64-bit kJams to be ready before then?

Thanks

dave
Site Admin

Re: Catalina

Post by dave »

Here is all the info that i have on the 64 bit port of kJams.

I've been warning users for over a year NOT to upgrade, but I suppose i should put the warning in the app too.

waynegfx

Post by waynegfx »

Catalina was released today and I was wondering if kJams 2 is close to being 64bit?

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

Are we still "a few months" away?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

please click the link above for ALL the info i have on that.

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

I just upgraded my old unused version of VM-Fusion to 10.5 to be Catalina compatible, and installed Mojave on it. I want to be careful this week, as this Friday will be Karaoke night.

I already have my backup kJams on my wife's computer, but that won't work when she upgrades to Catalina. I don't know whether I need to uninstall that before putting kJams on my Virtual machine. Right now the VM seems to be very, very slow, I hope it speeds up when I use it for kJams.

What is the best way to install kJams with all of its settings (people) on my virtual machine? (Just use the code I used on my computer and the backup a third time?) Do I need to move my library to the VM?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

one license can be activated 2 times. if you need to transfer a license, you need to deactivate one before you move it.

If your VM is slow, maybe try Parallels? i don't know if they have a free tryout.

To move your kJams installation, including your library, playlists, singers, serial number, and prefs, see this article on transferring.