have doubles of all songs

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
bakilo

have doubles of all songs

Post by bakilo »

some how i recopied my library so i have doubles of every song how can i change it back? bakilo

dave
Site Admin

Re: have doubles of all songs

Post by dave »

sort by "date added"
select all the duplicates (they will be grouped together later in time)
if, when you added the dupes, you had done "copy" (not "reference") then go Edit->Trash Original Files
if you had done "reference", then just press the delete key

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

how do i select all duplicates? there is a select all and a duplicate, do i physically click on each duplicate song or do i hit select all first and then duplicate, sorry I'm so hard to tell i just wasn't sure exactly what to do and in what order. thanks bakilo

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

manually select the songs that are duplicates.

since you're sorted by date, all the recent ones will be grouped together
select the first one (click it)
then hold shift when you select the last one
this will select them all

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

when i do what you said it tells me that it can't find a certain song and it asks me if i want to find it, then it tries to take me to a folder and i have no idea what to do, is there away i can just delete what i did today

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

im all screwed up i highlighted todays dated songs then it said something about other songs in a folder i said yes and pushed delete, now i have 4 of each song for about a third of my songs and it looks like the songs in the trash are the older dated songs, help it took me years to down load these songs from individual discs

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

and i don't no how to get the old songs out of the trash and put them back, i haven't emptied the trash yet

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

when i do what you said it tells me that it can't find a certain song and it asks me if i want to find it
that means you DOUBLE clicked. you do NOT double click to select something, you SINGLE click :)
i highlighted todays dated songs then it said something about other songs in a folder
please tell me EXACTLY what it said, word for word. I can't help if if i don't know what you're talking about. please be as specific as possible
now i have 4 of each song
wow, you must have hit "duplicate" instead of "delete" ?
i don't no how to get the old songs out of the trash and put them back, i haven't emptied the trash yet
make a folder and drag the files from the trash to the folder
if you want to talk on the phone so we can get this sorted, please call during office hours, or send me an email to make an appointment for some other time.
i am quite sure we can get this all squared away

note: for this level of tech support, i take donations.

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

HI DAVE I FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET OUT OF MY MESS, I HAVE A TIME MACHINE THAT BACKS UP MY COMPUTER AUTOMATICLLY SO I SET IT BACK ONE DAY AND HAD IT RESTORE AND I GOT OUT OF THE JAM, THANKS FOR BEING PATIENT AND HELPING ME. I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION I HAVE A MACBOOK PRO LAPTOP THAT I HAVE ALL MY SONGS DOWNLOADED ON FROM MY CDG COLLECTION AND I WANT TO BUY ANOTHER LAPTOP FOR A BACKUP, BUT I AM THINKING ABOUT BUYING A WINDOWS UNIT AND NOT A MAC FOR THE BACKUP, CAN I TRANSFER ALL MY KAROAKE MUSIC FROM MY MACBOOK TO A WINDOWS UNIT? I NO THAT YOU HAVE KJAMS FOR WINDOWS NOW, I WOULD HATE TO HAVE TO RIP ALL MY CDGS AGAIN ON ANOTHER COMPUTER, THANKS BAKILO

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

note, i'm being silly here: are you aware that it seems like you're shouting?

okay, well I'm glad it's working for you now.

i do NOT recommend you get a Windows machine, because you can't easily move your library between the computers. I recommend get another mac. that way, you can keep a full backup (including playlists, singers & preferences), and if you need to run Windows software, use Parallels.

it is a nightmare trying to keep a windows computer and a mac computer in sync.

but to answer your question, yes, you could just copy your music files to windows, and build a library there. note it will not be a real "backup", you won't have any playlists or singers copied.

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

Thanks since i am pretty computer illiterate i was thinking i should stick with the mac since i already have one, i really appreciate all the and advice, If you ever come up with a book maker that goes with the kjams library you will become a rich man, i no i would pay $100 for the convenience and i think you would be surprised at the amount of people who would jump at the chance to buy it. thanks again bakilo

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

agreed, stick with mac.

note that kJams has a built in "Server", so if you have a kiosk computer or a spare iPad, use can use that as your "song books"

meanwhile, if you really want to print, you can use copy and paste

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

your not going to believe this, i bought some more cdg disks and i put them in my cd player on my macbook, i have done 5 of them perfectly just put disc in and it reads songs and artists and i down load them, so i shut of computer to go to store come back to start loading more cdgs into my laptop and it won't read the disc info and find artist and song title it says enter kjay pro search term and it ask for name and password witch i can't remember, it wasn't asking anything earlier , its reading songs just not giving info when i clicked on grace note it wanted money what is going on it was so easy when i put the first 5 discs in and it read them perfectly. please help me one more time. bakilo

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

read this article

you only have a "KayJayPro" account IF you signed up for one (it's like $5 per month). if you never signed up for one, then you don't have one.

"GraceNote" is free to use, it's only asking for a donation (and only like $1 per month).

if you plan to rip a lot of discs, a month's worth of KayJayPro plus GraceNote is the way to go, so you don't have to type so much.

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

when i click on the kjay pro data base and enter the disc number it says user account does not exist