Song Names into All Caps?

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
clempav

Song Names into All Caps?

Post by clempav »

I see the advanced menu has some features to be applied... I am not sure how to use the "title case" or the "Capital Case" but don't think that is what I want.

I see the "Album Name All Caps" but I reeeeallllly need a "Song Name All Caps"...... is there a secret pref for this? I couldn't find it.

clem

dave
Site Admin

Re: Song Names into All Caps?

Post by dave »

before you decide you need that, please read this.

I suppose the question then becomes, why do you think you need all caps?

clempav

Post by clempav »

Well, to be honest, it's not me. I am the keeper of someone's song library... They want the song names in upper case. Don't ask.... I didn't send them the links 8)

When I get a slew of songs they have completed in TunePrompter that need to be added to kJams, that would be me tapping each "Song Name" column (hoping I didn't tap twice and start playing the song), then retyping in ALL CAPS (hoping I can remember long song titles)... you get the picture.... help a girl out here, huh, Dave? He's not gonna change his preference on this.... :arrow: :cry:

Oh and not to mention the pesky reminder window that comes up during this process that it can't change the meta data... essentially blocking me from continuing my all caps quest!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

sigh

well the workaround is to swap name<->album, do album all caps, then swap back. you can do batches.

also: what pesky reminder window? screen shot? or word-for-word copy?

clempav

Post by clempav »

:arrow:
Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 4.04.24 PM.png

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

that means it's not working. there is some major problem and you should stop until you solve that problem.

please cause that problem once then go help->send log file, and send me that, then come back here and tell me you sent it so i can go find it.

clempav

Post by clempav »

Just sent the log report

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

heh, i ask for one instance of the problem, and the log file contained about 54 instances.

well, okay. but no new info. send me one of the actual mp4 files in an email. it may be that they're just badly encoded.

clempav

Post by clempav »

I did repeat the process on just one song... on purpose... as I saw you asked for just one instance.... I opened the report in console before I sent it and it showed just one instance on song called Closer... I'm stumped....

so I did a little test here... I have two types of files I deal with... regular TunePrompter exported videos (before learning that kJams is far superior in rendering the lyrics through Producer, which is how we create the songs now... just bring in the ktp file into kJams and let the master do it's work!). That song "Closer" and each of the other rendered TunePrompter video songs I have in this database, of which there are many, appears to prompt that meta window.

I just changed a song name brought in via a kip file and produced with Producer.... there was not a meta window error message.... so there's that.

The video files are .m4v files not mp4s ... don't have any mp4s in my jams music folder...

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

mp4 is another name for m4v.

i just mean "send me a file that's causing the problem"

clempav

Post by clempav »

Dave

sent the file along with an xml file of the same name that was inside my music folder.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay i tested it. yep, this file is poorly encoded, nothing can be done by kJams, until you re-encode it.

i recommend using HandBrake or QuickTime7 to encode your mp4 (m4v) files.

for converting CD+G or TunePrompter to mp4, use kJams.

clempav

Post by clempav »

I'm not sure what to do with the files here....so, each of the files(m4v) that were encoded as a video directly from TunePrompter("Make Video") will need to be imported into HandBrake or QT7 and then... encoded as... (for example in HandBrake) as an AppleTV format so that the changes in the meta data, like the all cap name, will stay that way? Just on the chance that this is correct, I did try to pull into HandBrake the Closer.m4v file, chose AppleTV, but when I pulled that file back into kJams and renamed the song title in all caps, I still got the meta data window error message.
<Feelin' pretty newbie-clueless about right now>
Screen Shot 2015-05-02 at 10.27.04 PM.jpg
And, yes, yes. We now use kJams exclusively for converting TunePrompter ktp files and have no issues with Meta data error windows.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

here is the article on handbrake

note that after you re-encode using handbrake, you can change the meta data in kJams and it will work fine.

in the error message, read the error message itself, which gives you all the possible reasons for the failure. the mostly likely thing is you don't have both artist and album specified.