new to karaoke and need some help!!!!!

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
skinnyblack26

new to karaoke and need some help!!!!!

Post by skinnyblack26 »

so im new to this whole karaoke thing... wife bought me a machine for xmas. on my mac im using a program called ikaraoke tuneprompter. basically im trying to make my own karaoke files/songs.
i plan on using a usb in my machine to access the content. i made a karaoke song and it came out in a ktp file. but for me to be able to play any tunes on my machine it wants a cdg and mp3 file per song... 2 seperate files.... any help would be appreciated. and please be VERY detailed as i am a noob to this
thx!!

skinnyblack26

Re: new to karaoke and need some help!!!!!

Post by skinnyblack26 »

all i wanna do is find a way to make my own karaoke songs, put them on usb, and play them on my karaoke machine

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Okay, to do what you're asking, you need:

1) a Macintosh computer (sorry, Producer is not available for Windows)
2) if you need to burn discs: a drive that is definitely capable of burning CD+G discs (you can test this with the free kJams Lite, burn 2 songs, then play it in your hardware machine)
3) kJams Pro, cuz it works best with Producer (kJams Lite actually removes a main feature of Producer).
4) if you need to burn discs: kJams Burner, to burn CDs to use with your karaoke hardware
5) if you need to burn discs: kJams Producer, to convert a KTP file into a CDG file (plus lets you edit / tweak the sync stuff & add graphics)

note that if you're NOT burning discs but just exporting your MP3+G, you do NOT need to buy the Producer plugin, it's free to use. you're only REQUIRED to buy it if you burn discs with songs you made with it.

skinnyblack26

Post by skinnyblack26 »

ok so basically get myself the kjams package and i can do whatever i need to do... i run a mac already so thats good and want to put most music on a usb to use in my machine.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay then all you really need is kJams Pro (the free Producer "tryout" is built in)

there are tutorial videos on using producer