Starting over

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
philflood

Starting over

Post by philflood »

Dave,

I just retired and i want to get my library file limited to just actual discs that i ripped in and songs that i purchased from the download stores within k-jams. Is there a way to do this? If not, is there a way to just save the purchased songs and start a new library? I want to get my library down to just things i actually own, and then start adding non-duplicative other songs. Thanks.

Phil

dave
Site Admin

Re: Starting over

Post by dave »

It was only recently (within the last year) that TriceraSoft enabled re-syncing of previous purchases. Karaoke Cloud has always had it, and Karaoke Locker has never had it.

so! If you only ever bought songs from Karaoke Cloud, or from TriceraSoft but only within the last year, then you can just start from scratch and then re-sync Tricera and KaraokeLocker. [quote=http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Music_Sto ... _Purchases]See this link for instructions[/quote].

Other than that, there's really no way for kJams to "know" what songs you consider to be "yours", unless whenever you were given the choice to "Move" or "Reference" you always picked "Reference". If you always picked "Reference" when given the choice, then just rebuilding your library (skip step 7) will remove all the songs added by Reference.