If you prefer a conversational style, you might like this exchange.
In doing this you will lose all your playlists, venues and singers.
- Quit kJams
- Navigate to your "kJams" folder. (/Users/<you>/Music/kJams)
- Inside that folder you'll see the "kJams Library" folder. See it?
- Trash the "kJams Library" folder (or make a backup somewhere, alternately you can simply right click-create archive it, and put a tilde (~) in front of the archive name, THEN delete the original folder.
- If you plan to re-add by "reference" songs from an external drive, and you had previously added to library picking "copy" (not "reference"):
- go into "kJams Music" and find "Unknown Artist" folder and throw that folder out
- empty the trash
- Run kJams
- Any songs you've previously "ripped", "purchased", or "copied" will automatically add to the library.
- Now "Add to Library" any other folders you need.
Do NOT throw out "kJams CDs" or "kJams Musc" or anything else you find at the same level
Here is a Tutorial Video for Rebuilding while Moving to an external drive