Macbook Pro CD+G Read Failure

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
DrussRob

Macbook Pro CD+G Read Failure

Post by DrussRob »

Last Friday night I was doing a charity show (which is all I do) at the Moose Lodge here locally. The crowd there is mostly older/retirees and most all of them bring their own discs when they know it's karaoke night. I got through the first approximately ten discs, loading them into the Late 2011 Unibody Macbook Pro superdrive, playing the song, then ejecting and moving on to the next disc, with zero problems. On the eleventh or so disc, they began loading as "Audio CD" and would not be seen as CD+G any more. I tried several other discs for troubleshooting purposes to no avail and then even went back and put in discs I had played earlier in the evening that had no previous issues, and they would no longer load as CD+Gs either. I rebooted and they still wouldn't load.

I'm curious if maybe this is an issue anyone else has had and if maybe there is an easy fix.

Thanks for any input! :)

[edit]

Here we are now a few days later and I just now put in a disc to try and it saw it correctly as a CD+G again. Not sure what makes the difference, but I'd like to possibly be able to find out what may have happened, to avoid it in the future, as I had some very impatient blue-hairs on my hands. lol

[/edit]

dave
Site Admin

Re: Macbook Pro CD+G Read Failure

Post by dave »

can you tell me what exactly made you think "would not be seen as CD+G any more" ? If you mean "the song titles no longer showed up, the names were all generic like Track 1, Track 2, etc.", then see the FAQ for an explanation. What do you mean they "wouldn't load" ? did the disc just always eject when you put it in? If not did you try to just play the disc in kJams? Cuz it would have still worked even without song titles.

DrussRob

Post by DrussRob »

I apologize, I have asperger's syndrome and I have a hard time with explaining details sometimes. My brain does not cooperate.

I believe this may have been user error, and I'm not having any luck reproducing the situation. Please feel free to delete this thread. I will simply keep vigilant and take better note of happenings should I encounter this again. I apologize for creating concern.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Welcome! Fellow Aspergerser!!! I too am in the same boat! No worries at all :D I sometimes get way too focused on details and "correctness", which is great for a programmer, but sometimes makes it hard to express my self to neurotypicals, or for me to understand them. Heh. Don't you worry, all is well. :D