ripping with external drive

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
santiago

ripping with external drive

Post by santiago »

Hi, Im having trouble after ripping songs, song will play while cdg is in the tray but once a take it out information still there but just wont play instead I get error message to locate files
Does updates has anything to do with this?

dave
Site Admin

Re: ripping with external drive

Post by dave »

updates have nothing to do with this.

i must ask, when you say "ripping", what do you mean? ie: exactly how are you ripping the songs? list every step please.

santiago

Post by santiago »

I turn on my mac, hook up external drive and put cd in external drive, drive reads it, sometimes I get name of tracks on line from freedb , some times I have to do it manually in both cases it imports songs, activity window is telling me is importing like it should, when importing is complete I eject the cd to see if it is going to play songs, I get this error message to locate files. I used to do it before just like I explain it. When I buy songs from kjams music store i have no problems, may be you can explain me how to properly import my cds, Im about to give up.
Thank you
Santiago.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I turn on my mac, hook up external drive and put cd in external drive
so far so good
drive reads it
well, okay, i'm going to guess that you mean "i can see the disc icon in the finder, then i run kjams, and can see the CD icon in kJams". is that what you mean?
sometimes I get name of tracks on line from freedb , some times I have to do it manually
yes, that's normal. you can also use KJPro™ (not related to kJams Pro)
it imports songs
by that i am guessing that you mean: "i then select the disc icon (in the list on the left), then select all the music tracks that i want to rip (in the list on the right), then I go to the file menu and pick "rip selected", then kJams starts to rip the songs and encode them to my selected encoding format which is "LAME MP3 / Best".", is that what you mean? or: what encoder are you using?
activity window is telling me is importing like it should
good
when importing is complete I eject the cd to see if it is going to play songs, I get this error message to locate files
so you get an error message the moment you press the eject button? hmm, again i'm going to guess that you do this: "i eject the disc using the button in kJams, not by dragging the disc to the trash on the desktop. then in kjams i go to preferences->audio and clear the cache, then I find the songs i just ripped in my library, and i double click one of them, and THEN i get an error message." is this right? if so, this sounds like an old bug that was fixed several revs ago. are you on the latest version? if so, perhaps this bug has come back. a critical part i need to know is: what encoder are you using, and what version of kJams are you on?
I used to do it before just like I explain it. When I buy songs from kjams music store i have no problems
yes it usually works just fine, but there was a bug recently that would cause the symptom you're having, of a just-ripped song not properly playing.
may be you can explain me how to properly import my cds
this is not your fault, it is a bug in kJams. i think if you update to latest it will work again, or if you ARE on the latest, you can work around it for now by using LAME as your encoder and re-ripping the disc.
I'm about to give up.
have courage, this problem is easily fixed. if it is the bug again in the latest version, i'll find it and quash it forthwith!

santiago

Post by santiago »

I'm using latest version of kjams and I don't have lame encoder on my computer,I have a list of four audio encoders, (AIFF, MPEG=4, QUICKTIME MOVIE and WAVE ). How can I get lime encoder or any other encoders.
Thanks for your patience.
Santiago

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

santiago

Post by santiago »

I have added lame encoder and it seems to be working properly,( Importing and Playing songs) .
Thanks a lot for your help.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)