Will KJams demo work with Chartbusters streaming?

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
kevinkelly

Will KJams demo work with Chartbusters streaming?

Post by kevinkelly »

Hey folks...I'm REALLY interested in KJams software....especially using it in conjunction with the Chartbuster streaming service. I don't have the software yet nor have I started paying for the Chartbusters streaming yet....I would like to try it in one of my venues (even on an off night...just sitting in the corner) to see how the streaming works, etc. I realize there are huge limitations with the demo version of KJams Pro for PC, but I'm wondering if the demo version will work with the CB streaming just so I can see how it works?

I'm also assuming that the same software will allow me to integrate and use my other non-CB streaming karaoke tracks? And I can use singer history for BOTH non streaming and streaming tracks?

Thanks in advance!

dave
Site Admin

Re: Will KJams demo work with Chartbusters streaming?

Post by dave »

Yes, the "tryout" has no limitations regarding music stores or streaming. FYI, every limitation is listed right here, and they are IMHO "not huge".

and yes, you can import other karaoke song files, just like with iTunes. And all songs are songs: streaming, purchased, imported files, ripped from disc, they're all songs. And a song can go into a singer history.

kevinkelly

Post by kevinkelly »

Dave...here's a question. A different karaoke software that I've been using will let you import not only karaoke tracks but just standard mp3's. That way a person could put a bunch of mp3's into their playlist (without singers of course) and use that for their bumper music between singers. Would this be difficult to do in kJams? (trying to think of a work around for us PC users that can't use iTunes for now...although I could use my iPod)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes of course. a music file is a music file. there's no cross fading at this time, however.

kevinkelly

Post by kevinkelly »

So this is possible now? So I could have say the following set up in the rotation:

John singing Friends in Low Places
In Da Club (bumper music)
Fred singing Like a Virgin
Low (bumper music)
Sheila singing Crazy
Twist and Shout (bumper music)

and they just run one after the other?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the Rotation does not support interleaving non-singers (yet?).

you could do this with a playlist, but i think that's not what you want, since a playlist doesn't let you assign songs to singers..

or, you could do "pause between tracks" and manually play bumper music with iTunes

or, if you have an iPod connected to your mixer, that would probably be easier to use for bumper music.

kevinkelly

Post by kevinkelly »

Dave....what if I assigned a fake name/singer to a non-karaoke song for bumper music? Like for the singer name, I could call it "Bumper" or something...lol. Then could I interleave this bumper music (non karaoke tracks) that has the name "Bumper" assigned to it with karaoke tracks?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

each singer gets to sing ONCE per rotation. so if you tried that, you'd only have "bumper" music one time per rotation, not between each singer.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

If you were on a Mac, you could just use my automated script to auto cross fade filler music. But alas, no go for Windows. That said, it is not important that you have multiple bumper entries (I refer to mine as "*Interlude"). Just fill the tonight list of the one with all your filler tracks, and while the current singer is up, drag the *Interlude singer to the next slot. Done. A bit of extra work, but hey, you have to do SOME work, right?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yeah, that!