All Playlist content has changed to -

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
goateeguy

All Playlist content has changed to -

Post by goateeguy »

Long story short... I have several playlists... all of which, the contents of all of them have been replaced with a line for all information.
I've been using the latest build r14 for the past week, removing all the duplicates and such from a special playlist to use as searchable.
So i've been in and out of this app all week, every time it seemed to work perfectly.

I opened it today, and everything is blanked out. I revered the library back to a time machine backup a few days ago, and it's good (the work I did to that point)
Oddly enough, the playlists are there (as files) with information in them...

So, I moved back a library that "wasn't working" and just moved over the entire playlists folder instead of the whole library.
- That didn't fix the problem...
Did the same with the library.xml file...
- Didn't fix.
Did the same with the songs.ktd file...
- fixed it.

Ok, so reverted back to my "broken library"
Opened it, all playlists are just full of ---
Added a song to a playlist, closed app... opened back up... The new item I added shows up fine, the old ones are still -.
All songs I've tried still play fine though.

Ideas? If my songs database was corrupted, wouldn't that let me not play / see songs in the library?

Also, when i'm done with kJams, I always quit it, wait until it's done, and then put my MBP to sleep... to prevent data stuff from happening. (OS X 10.8.2 / and all information is on internal HD)

Thanks! (and Merry X-Mas ;)
P.S. Although side note, possibly related... it appears "Where the boys are" by "Connie Francis" lost it's comment (which is where I store Internal DiskID numbers)... maybe that's where the corruption is? Apparently kJams is lookin' for some boys... lol
Attachments
This shows the blank playlist, after i added the song...
This shows the blank playlist, after i added the song...

trebail2152

Re: All Playlist content has changed to -

Post by trebail2152 »

I'm having a similar problem.

(I think)

I am NOT computer savvy, so please use little words with me. ha!

I had kJams Pro open in the background, but was working on a document in Microsoft Word. My laptop shut itself off without warning. I let it rest overnight, then re-booted it. When I opened up kJams Pro, every line in the library showed --- instead of songs!

I emailed Dave, and he suggested I follow the instructions here: http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Rebuild
I did that, and it restored the 200 or so songs which I had purchased individually. However, the other 15 thousand songs are still missing.

We have karaoke every Friday at the restaurant where I work. I've spent 8 months getting the library set up the way we wanted it, and finally got songbooks printed 3 days ago. Now.... the songs are gone. ugh.

I'll try to find the files you talked about, and try that.... wish me luck, because I don't know wth those are or where to find 'em. ha!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i need to see these problems personally, to help get your stuff back or recommend a better solution.

i think it will be possible to resurrect your entire library (the one you just printed), it sounds like an alias got broken.

please call tomorrow night during office hours.

trebail2152

Post by trebail2152 »

Well RATS!!!

I didn't see your reply until 10:30 central time!
We will muddle through somehow this Friday, and I will check back here each morning for further instructions.
Treva

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

further instructions: call me during office hours :)

trebail2152

Post by trebail2152 »

You betcher sweet bippy that's just what I'll do!

HOPE - I see HOPE in the near future!!!

trebail2152

Post by trebail2152 »

I printed out your latest email & took it with me to the karaoke computer at work.
The results? Everything is working again. All the songs are back, the spelling corrections are back, and the search is working.

You're a genius. A purely brilliant genius The King of Geniuses - I think I love ya man. :D :lol: :D

Thank you

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

SUPER awesome!