Loading CD+G disk of .aiff songs

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
HowardBrazee

Loading CD+G disk of .aiff songs

Post by HowardBrazee »

I bought CD+G disks from Amazon for me to load into kJams.
Files were named "1 Audio Track.aiff", "2 Audio Track.aiff", ...
Opened them with kJams 2, edited the file names. I can play them on the CD, but don’t seem to be able to copy them to my Mac. They didn’t load, so I tried adding to library to get “Action not allowed” - You can’t add songs that reside in the “kJams Music” folder to your library. If you think you should do that then you’ve done something wrong.

So what did I do wrong? (Except try to infer that the Amazon descriptions were useful).

dave
Site Admin

Re: Loading CD+G disk of .aiff songs

Post by dave »

follow the directions for ripping a cd

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

What worked for me was to copy all of the files from the CD to my download folder, then loading the songs from there. Weird.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

What you have done is just copy the uncompressed audio from the CD. What you want to do is rip the disk so that you can get audio and video, and also the audio will be in MP3 format or whatever format you chose instead of being completely uncompressed. As it is now you will have no video lyrics. If you just follow the directions which are much simpler than what you did, it will work very easily.

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

I didn't get lyrics that way. I don't know why the other way didn't work for me. I'll try again.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

do you mean you didn't get video lyrics by following the ripping directions? if so, then that CD doesn't have video lyrics (ie: it's not a CD+G disc). i can assure you it definitely works, provided that CD is in fact a CD+G disc.

-dave