producer image import

Anything about producer. Questions, bug reports, feature requests, whatever you want!
franks

producer image import

Post by franks »

Dave,
have followed your suggestions from previous Producer thread and gained more better understanding. I now feel much more confident and knowlegeable in tackling a Karaoke project from start. However I need some further help in importing file.pict images and maybe overcome last hurdle of non-understanding.

have followed your tutorial on 'frame composing' but....

problem #1) there is no "edit" sub-menu item in the main "Advance" menu item

problem #2) tried to import .pict image with misnomered sub-menu item "add to library" under the main "file" menu item onto template but to no avail... get error message "this operation will overwrite existing comp elements". I hit OK then nothing

can you help me understand this?

dave
Site Admin

Re: producer image import

Post by dave »

1) where does it say you should look there?
2) you must have more time for the picture to appear on the timeline. you're trying to fit it in a place where there is not enough time between "now" and the next instruction. try a moment in time where there is plenty of time in the timeline to insert the graphic

franks

Post by franks »

D,
1) In tutorial, your cursor goes to "Advance" and clicks sub-menu item "Edit" which is not in my tryout menu. So I tried to modify existing templates '"My Intro" and "Small text". I added text successfully but ran into the image import problem. Image is a 'saved-as' pict (as per tutorial via Preview). Note I'm trying to place an image onto the template..not as a full graphic if that means anything

2) Located template at beginning of song where there is no interference. Song has approx 5 sec silence plus 5 sec instrumental before 1st frame lyrics opens in video. Template is 1.5 sec long and starts 1 sec from beginning..

franks

Post by franks »

PS: Dave, also tried editing "kJams Logo" template(with new path) by placing new folders( "Resources")/"pictures"/"newimage.pict") in kJams application folder cause I don't know where or how to reach kJams/resources/pictures/logo folder to place additional pictures there. I really don't know what i'm doing! Now get new video message "Missing Picture:pictures". Oh well..there is a missing link somewhere in my understanding or in the process steps. If I can get to resolve this current one last problem, I would most likely commit to S/W purchase(Sure like the Producer features).

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

1) the menu item has changed to "Producer"
2) http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Producer/Adding_Graphics i've added an example, let me know

franks

Post by franks »

Dave,
thanks for replying so fast. Followed your directions for inserting images into templates...worked perfectly! ...however two annoying items(1 major) popped up:

1) When playing back karaoke song, the start-up skips to the 1st lyrics page rather from the start(t=0) (intro screen is =1 sec)...although the intro is there if I move cursor back to beginning(t=0).
what am i doing wrong now?.... I played with song & reviewed tutorials but can't find fix (your song works fine)

2) .KTP files when opened in kJams Producer still display overlap of the 1st lyric word of each sentence by the rest of the sentence graphics, but I can live with this since I can fix.

general question: Some Karaoke players(hardware) do not play MP3+G files. How do I convert (MP3+G to CDG) & export files(s) that can be burned, then played on on one of these machines?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

1) turn off "skip silence at start of song" in the prefs
2) send me the KTP file in question. i'm not sure what you mean. this does not happen for me
3) burn a disc with the burning plugin

franks

Post by franks »

Dave...never mind 1st item , stupid me I had "skip silence" enabled

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:shock: