Export to Quicktime

Anything about producer. Questions, bug reports, feature requests, whatever you want!
wolfgangubi

Export to Quicktime

Post by wolfgangubi »

One more question. My new CDG file looks really great played in the KJams Video viewer, but when I export it to Quicktime (I need to burn it to DVD), it gets really grainy, and the Intro template does a dissolve in that doesn't look nearly as nice as the gentle fade that I see in the Kjams video viewer.

So my question is, is there a way to get my newly created videos to DVD with the same resolution that I am seeing in my KJams Video viewer?

Thanks, and once again, great program...

Jeff

dave
Site Admin

Re: Export to Quicktime

Post by dave »

are you exporting using kJams Pro or kJams Lite?

the Lite version exports only iPod quality, which rather sucks. if you're going to DVD, you should use the Pro version and export to Animation, and you'll get large, creamy smooth video. make sure you turn OFF the pref "pad to 320x240". The default HQ size is 480 x 360, but you can set it to 720 x 480 (DVD quality) via secret prefs, search for the prefs: "High Quality Output Width" and "High Quality Output Height".

wolfgangubi

Post by wolfgangubi »

Wow! Just upgraded to Pro, and holy smokes what great video now!

I downloaded the Secret Prefs panel, and for some reason the HQ size doesn't show up, but I just changed it in the library using Text Editor and my QT movie is big and beautiful.

Thanks for the fast response!

Jeff

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Wow! Just upgraded to Pro, and holy smokes what great video now!
yes, creeeeeaaaamy smooooooth :)
I downloaded the Secret Prefs panel, and for some reason the HQ size doesn't show up
i noticed that too and i don't know why. I submitted a tech support ticket to Secrets, we'll see.
but I just changed it in the library using Text Editor
i expect that by "library" you mean in your "kJams Preferences.plist" file, cuz that's what works. Just trying to keep the terminology straight for future readers.
and my QT movie is big and beautiful
YAY!