Producer Production Procedure hint

Anything about producer. Questions, bug reports, feature requests, whatever you want!
DeusExMachina

Producer Production Procedure hint

Post by DeusExMachina »

A good idea for using producer to make template screens (especially now that we can use them to make announcements!) is to keep a spare dummy track, and keep it on a local drive, even if you keep all your songs on an external. That way you can work on templates without having to plug in your external. This also helps to prevent mishaps, and wear and tear on your precious external holding all those songs of yours.

Just use the finder to duplicate any song, drag it to a convenient location on your local drive (like maybe your "kJams" folder inside your "Music" folder) rename it something rememberable, like "blank," or "dummy track," and then import it into kJams. You may also want to give it its own playlist, just to make it easier to find.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

drag it to a convenient location on your local drive (like maybe your kJams music folder)
NEVER NEVER mess with your "kJams Music" folder.

Learn More Here

DeusExMachina

Whoops

Post by DeusExMachina »

Whoops, that originally said just "music folder" which I intended to edit to kJams folder inside your Music folder.
My bad.

Paul

Post by Paul »

Inspired!

It might push me closer to buying the pluggin, cheeky yet clever idea, I love it.

Im also loving the template stuff Dave has been working on, but this has even more flexibility, can't beleive I didn't think of it before.

Paul

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

alternately if you keep all your songs on your internal drive or you don't care about it living wherever, you can duplicate the song inside kJams, just go edit->duplicate. now rename it as above "blank" or something. at present, this is the officially supported procedure for editing templates. eventually this will happen secretly behind the scenes, and there will be a nice UI on selecting which templates to edit.

-dave