Griffin iKaraoke TunePrompter

Anything about producer. Questions, bug reports, feature requests, whatever you want!
randyj

Griffin iKaraoke TunePrompter

Post by randyj »

I'm not sure what the point of this application is for karaoke if your music still has the original artist's voice.

:?

That said, it's a pretty slick app for doing sweeps and exporting to various movie formats. Rhetorical: Will one of these movie formats become the standard for future karaoke bars?

I dragged the KTP file to kJams and it plays the music, but black video. (the export was in AppleTV 640x480, no contrain. Can a person do sweeps in Producer for CDG format discs and files?

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

I'm not sure what the point of this application is for karaoke if your music still has the original artist's voice.
that's not the point at all. the point is to have music that does NOT have the vocals. Either you're working for the original artist (and have access to the original multitrack recording, so you can just shut off the vocal track), or you're a karaoke producer (so you hire artists to re-create the instrumental version of the song), or you can use GarageBand and voxReducer and you've already removed the vocals.
Will one of these movie formats become the standard for future karaoke bars?

i fully expect that DVD will take over, then you can do anything you want
I dragged the KTP file to kJams and it plays the music, but black video.
yeah, at the moment, it does not automatically bake the graphics, don't worry it will. but in the mean time, just Special->Edit... the ktp song, and option-click the Time Code button (the button with numbers in it). Then press save (command-S)
the export was in AppleTV 640x480, no contrain
you don't need to export the movie at all from TunePrompter. Just save the ktp file.
Can a person do sweeps in Producer for CDG format discs and files?
kJams doesn't let you do the sweeps yet, you have to use TunePrompter for that. But yes, once you bring it into kJams and Bake the graphics (and save), you can burn your disc.
[/url]

jfbiii

Parodies

Post by jfbiii »

Being able to just take the existing karaoke version and drop new text on it for parodies is something I've needed for a long time. I hate standing up on stage with a piece of paper in my hand.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)

randyj

cool

Post by randyj »

I have a couple of editing projects in mind. Thanks for all the hard work on the software!

Karen (KJ's wife last night) says you should charge more for the Pro version once it's finished

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

a lot of people say that.
maybe i will.
we'll see.