First impressions and questions

Anything about producer. Questions, bug reports, feature requests, whatever you want!
randyj

First impressions and questions

Post by randyj »

using arrow keys to go to "next interesting spot" -- took me to the beginning or end of song. nothing interesting in between. That's Country music for ya! LOL

<shrug> Now it works. </shrug>

BTW, I sing Country as well as Pop Rock etc (not the candy)

Insert templates fine (with red Xs) but changes were NOT saved... but now there are purple blocks where the changes should be

Hmm.. trying to figure out how to SELECT a very small section so I can then cut / copy / paste
zoomed in to a small area where I want to edit, now I can't find the red brackets.
Oh, I see now... size/ move the red brackets BEFORE zooming in with the purple brackets

CUT works, I guess COPY works, but PASTE just beeps at me

Curious: What is the significance of splitting a second into 74.4 units?

Nice work so far! :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

using arrow keys to go to "next interesting spot" -- took me to the beginning or end of song. nothing interesting in between. That's Country music for ya! LOL
"interesting times" are your selection brackets, and comp blob times. you have to put down at least one comp element to get a blob, then you can use the up and down arrows to go to it's start and end times
<shrug> Now it works. </shrug>
now what works? and what didn't before? doing what?
Insert templates fine (with red Xs) but changes were NOT saved... but now there are purple blocks where the changes should be
your changes live in the cache ONLY
which means you can in fact quit kJams and come back later and re-edit the same file and your changes are still there.
but to *save* your changes, you have to do a command-S (save)
warning: if you don't save, your work may be blown away next time the cache is cleared.
but usually that's a while away. you'd have to play N new songs to blow it away (N= the number of songs allowed in your cache)
Hmm.. trying to figure out how to SELECT a very small section so I can then cut / copy / paste
zoomed in to a small area where I want to edit, now I can't find the red brackets.
Oh, I see now... size/ move the red brackets BEFORE zooming in with the purple brackets
the "i" and "o" keys set the In and Out points for the selection brackets
CUT works, I guess COPY works, but PASTE just beeps at me
paste will always beep the first time, and it will adjust the selection brackets to show you what you're about to paste over. if you agree this is a good idea, paste again and it will actually paste over what was there before.
Curious: What is the significance of splitting a second into 74.4 units?
not my call. that's the spec.
a CD Audio Disc plays 75 Sectors per second. each sector holds four records for graphic data

:)

randyj

terminoloy

Post by randyj »

I still get a chuckle when I see "comp blobs" in writing
I kinda figured out what comps are (compositions) but dunno what blobs are yet

Nice screen shots on the wiki, though I wish I could see them better through these blobs on my glasses

May you live in "interesting times"

P.S. the thing that wasn't working at first was the arrow keys. I think you explained it... I had no comp blobs yet, so it was just taking me to the beginning or end of the file. Do not pass GO or collect $20,000 (inflation)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

in the screen shots, the blobs are the purple rounded rectangles, some of which have lyrics in them

-dave

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

The rows and columns are adjustable(Blue) on my desktop but not on my laptop. Do you know why?
Thank you

dave
Site Admin

?

Post by dave »

sorry, what rows and columns where? what?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Okay, in the Producer inspector box, there is a number next to the the rows and columns, if i hover over the number next to the row or column and left click it changes the number. This function does not work on my ibook, it only works on my desktop. This enables you to move te bits of text horizontal or diagonal.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

And do you have the latest version of kJams on your iBook?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Actually, probably not because the last time i tried it asked me to go to the site and update it manually. Do you think that will solve my problem?? I will get on it.
Thank you

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes of course :)

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

:oops:

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I have one song that the lyrics appear on the screen a little late. Is it possible to tweak this in Producer? If so, how do i do it?
Cheers

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes
edit the file
use the time selection brackets to select the area that is early
cut
move the time marker a little past the first marker
paste
you've just moved the graphics a little later