What is Producer?

Anything about producer. Questions, bug reports, feature requests, whatever you want!
dave
Site Admin

What is Producer?

Post by dave »

To learn about Producer, Click Here!

It does way way way more than is documented at the moment, and it will change and evolve. Feel free with questions!

philflood

Post by philflood »

I've gone through the videos, and I just want to make sure I have an understanding of the current limitations of Producer. I have a karaoke with incorrect words. I could load the mp3 portion of the file into Tuneprompter and re-enter all the words and then do final editing in Producer, but, I can't just open the existing karaoke and correct the couple bad lines-right?

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

that's correct. although i'll be adding that <strike>very soon</strike> eventually. especially if someone *requests* it :D

-dave

philflood

Post by philflood »

Thanks, Dave. Consider it requested. My son can't keep a straight face when he tries to do Loser by Beck and the karaoke displays "so open the door" when the line should be the Spanish phrase "Soy un perdedor," which, of course, is "I am a Loser." I have bunches of others that could use a little tweak, but that one is by far the worst.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

okay, noted thanks.

keep in mind however i don't have the original karaoke fonts, you're stuck with the fonts that are built into your system.

so that word or phrase you substitute will be in a different font.

-dave

cnyiri

Re: What is Producer?

Post by cnyiri »

Hi Dave,

I work with a group of people and we make karaoke videos. By this I mean karaoke videos in the purest, golden-age sense: lyrics with actual background video. We treat it as an art form of sorts, however cheesy, clichéd and ridiculous that art form may be. We love slow motion. We love pastoral landscapes. We love soft focus. It's hilarious.

ANYWAYS, our process right now involves shooting/editing a video and layering on lyrics within Final Cut Pro (for making lyrics, it's been a complicated system of layering colours and cropping over a timeline... not very quick or simple, but it works). I have been interested in Producer as possibly a way to automate lyric production... but can you add your own background video? This seems to be a feature not many people care about, so I'm guessing in most cdg-producing software there is currently no support.

Anyways, I suppose my questions would be:
1) Can you add background video footage when creating files? (which would also involve needing lyrics to only be across the bottom of the screen)
2) Do you know of any programs that allow you to do that if Producer does not (such as Tuneprompter)?
3) Would you be ever be able to add background footage to existing cdg files, sort of like karaoke machines do with looping background footage? I guess that would involve keying out colour, which might not always be advantageous.

We DJ a karaoke night with kJams (some of the videos being our home-made ones) and very much enjoy it and all your thorough documentation. Thanks.

-Christy

dave
Site Admin

Re: What is Producer?

Post by dave »

kJams currently caters to CD+G creation. You're looking more for DVD creation. I think TunePrompter will do what you want.