Don't see intro

Anything about producer. Questions, bug reports, feature requests, whatever you want!
HowardBrazee

Don't see intro

Post by HowardBrazee »

I opened a song I created with TunePrompter, using Producer. I haven’t paid for Producer yet, $60 is a bit much when there is so much which I’m not figuring out about how it works. (Updating the documentation is of lower priority than creating the 64 bit kJams)

I see that Producer shows an Outto, with the red X’s in the Timeline’s 3rd row – but when I play the song, I don’t get any intro nor outro. Producer shows several other boxes like the outro, that contain red-x’d lyrics ready to be shown. These appear to be how I move lyrics around. I don’t see an intro at all. Should I have an Intro? Why don’t they show up when I play (maybe one of those unexplained commands such as “bake”).

(I have a friend who recorded his own song who would like to create a Karaoke version. If I could show that I can get Producer working enough for him to have a graphic, intro, outro, & lyrics, he will contribute to the cost of the upgrade).

dave
Site Admin

Re: Don't see intro

Post by dave »

the directions do say to introduce 10 seconds of silence at the start of your audio, BEFORE you start to sync the lyrics.

there must be TIME in the timeline before the first lyrics are sung, for the intro card to be shown

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

Hmmm, how do I add 10 seconds of silence at the start of an .mp3?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

open the file in an audio editor, add the silence, then save it

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

I opened it in Audacity.app, and that appears to be a full-featured editor. But I haven't a clue how to add 10 seconds to its start. Other applications that my Mac offers to open the .mp3 with include:
Flip Player.app, Miro, Quicktime Player, Quicktime Player 7, & VLC.

I'll search elsewhere for help in editing the .mp3 using Audacity.app.

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

Adding 10 seconds was real easy — https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/generate_menu.html

I now see the intro. I've got to ask someone what key the song is in when I play it. I haven't "baked" the song yet. If I add the "key" field to that song, it will display in the intro???

I'm guessing baking it will create the final version - with the red Xs, and rebaking after buying Producer will remove the red Xs.

I can't wait to show this to the guy who recorded his own songs.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

if you add a key, and your intro screen shows the key, then just delete and re-add the intro screen and you should see it showing the key. baking should be automatic, but sometimes you need to do it yourself

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I wouldn't use Audacity for this. Use a lossless MP3 editor, like Fission, to add the 10 second silence. That way when you save you get EXACTLY the same audio track you started with, just with ten seconds in front of dead air. Otherwise when you re-encode, you WILL have a slight reduction in sound quality.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:shock: