Attempts to Create show screens: Producer closes down

Anything about producer. Questions, bug reports, feature requests, whatever you want!
clempav

Attempts to Create show screens: Producer closes down

Post by clempav »

Heloooo

It is a new year, but I don't think I've forgotten *everything* I've learned to do in Producer...
Having problems with Producer quitting every time I try to create a show screen.

I upgraded to Mojave after Dave gave the go ahead in his email out. Thanks!

Anyone else having this issue?

I have followed the directions on this page:
https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Producer/Getting_Started

I finish creating my blank scratch song, all looks good.

When attempting the second section on that page 'ready to edit or create your show screens'
I'm missing something in the translation.
When attempting step 2 in that section, kJams just quits. Every time. Numerous attempts trying to create.

Thanks for any help.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Attempts to Create show screens: Producer closes down

Post by dave »

when the app crashes, contact me directly, i'm the only one who can fix it. programs should never ever crash, and users can't fix the problem, but i can. let's talk! send me an email :D

-dave

clempav

Post by clempav »

UPDATE

Dave,
Note:
I am using Tuneprompter and adding to the kJams library by ‘copy’ method, then opening in producer to bake.
I understood this would be best to keep each song from going through a converting process before being played.

In the process of trying to get success in getting past Step 2 to work under Mojave, I deleted the kJams app, re-downloaded a fresh copy, but still had the same issues.

However, in checking for updates (Help>Check for Updates) and this time the program recognized an update to kJams. (I do have check for Updates turned on in Preferences).
Applied that and now at v. 1.0.2b37.

Glad to report that I have been able to get past section 2, step 2 without crashing anywhere along the way through and creating a new My Intro screen, changed the Intro Template in the Preferences>Producer window to that My Intro.

However, now I’m stuck on finding the correct information in the wiki to correctly apply this new intro screen to previously added songs that I have already opened in Producer and essentially ‘baked’ with the original intro screen. I’m not using any of my songs as MediaStream files, they are always opened in Producer and ‘baked’.

In this wiki page (https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Producer/Intro) at the bottom of the page, it references, if that has been done one would have to invoke the new screens into baked songs by
1 reopen the song in producer -
2 find the intro blob and delete it - (most of my songs don’t have an intro blob I can find..
I suspect this may be because a lot of the song’s audio of lyrics start pretty right away and the original intro screen could not run?)
(Is there a way for me to create more empty space at the beginning of these songs if that is necessary to get my new intro screen to successfully be applied?)
Think I found this answer in this thread, your last post https://karaoke.kjams.com/forum/viewtop ... f=7&t=2125
Add the space in something like Garage Band. k.
3 delete the original intro blob, the re-apply the new intro screen.
(How? Under the Templates drop down menu and apply then choose My Intro template? I have tried that, then saved with CMD+S and still no success.)

This has to be obvious to everyone but me I'm sure! ;)

Thanks for steering me in the correct direction on this!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

as you've discovered: you can't edit a baked file, you can only edit a MediaStream file (tuneprompter, LRC etc).

so yes: edit the original file, select the beginning, existing blob, then delete it
then yes, apply the new template.

you say "still no success": well, WHAT didn't work? deleting? applying the new blob? saving? at what point did it NOT behave as expected? yes you got the steps right.

and here's a PSA promoting concise, to-the-point communication, so we can all more effectively, and quickly, communicate.

:D