Is there any way to get Producer to properly parse timing on file with incorrect track length?

Anything about producer. Questions, bug reports, feature requests, whatever you want!
DeusExMachina

Is there any way to get Producer to properly parse timing on file with incorrect track length?

Post by DeusExMachina »

Trying to fix a few glitches, but every time I use the arrow keys to move the scrubber, instead of moving a single instruction, it jumps to odd locations in the track. Moreover, even if I am able to manually click on just the right place on the timeline, the correct data does not show up in the Inspector window.
After investigation, I noticed that the track length was showing as 7:10, even though the track was only 4 something minutes long. I suspected this error was causing the timeline accuracy issue, so I unzipped the file and looked at the MP3, and it was fine. Both Finder as well as iTunes show the correct track length. I even edited the tags to make sure. But it was still wrong in kjams. I then tried importing the newly unzipped file pair (after various clearings of the audio cache and relaunching) but the new database item also incorrectly listed track length. So I have to believe the error is somehow in the CDG file.
So, first, is this correct, and second, is there a way to fix this, and third, even if not, is there a way to just fix the original font glitch that made me open the track in Producer in the first place?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Is there any way to get Producer to properly parse timing on file with incorrect track length?

Post by dave »

send me said files (mp3+g)

DeusExMachina

Re: Is there any way to get Producer to properly parse timing on file with incorrect track length?

Post by DeusExMachina »

So, several restarts and relaunches removed (plus an hour spent trying to figure out which track it was based on dates and lengths and other cues, since I totally forgot which track I was talking about) I managed to fix it in Producer, i.e., the issue magically went away.
So it is some larger Producer/kJams bug, maybe not related to the specific file (even though the time codes ARE screwed up still) and maybe related to all those other screwy things (like D&D not working, etc.).

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i can't even speculate without a solid repro case :(