Page fade-ins cause rushed lyrics

Anything about producer. Questions, bug reports, feature requests, whatever you want!
Peel

Page fade-ins cause rushed lyrics

Post by Peel »

At each new page blog on the Producer timeline, there is a default fade-in of the page. This causes the blob on the timeline to be a greater length than the music allows for, and results in the final line of lyrics on the previous page to be shortened on the time line, and thus rushed. Since the page blob cannot be shortened in time by simply grabbing one of the sides, is it possible to turn off page fade ins? Or is there another way around this timing issue?

I am working in a project that comes from a KTP file. The timing is fine in TunePrompter.

I should mention that I already have my before and after gaps set to 0.01 seconds, and the word blobs and page blobs are all crushed up against each other. It's just that this song (You Can't Stop the Beat, from Hairspray) doesn't have any gaps that are long enough to allow for the 2 seconds that kJams want for the page to fade in. If I could simply have these pages not fade (as it does in KTP) I think it would work.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Page fade-ins cause rushed lyrics

Post by dave »

Producer is designed to create CDG files. the fact that in kJams it also makes a high-quality playback possible is a side benefit.

the requirements come from creating the CDG file.

turn off "high quality playback" and you'll see that there is just no time left to get the page of lyrics up, there's no way around it.

the way other software does it is that they allow the ability to sweep the first line of text WHILE the last lines of text are still showing up. kJams currently does not have this ability. sorry.

Peel

Post by Peel »

Ah, bummer, but understood.
Thanks for the quick reply :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

oh! wait!

if you do NOT have the requirement of creating CDG files, then have you tried turning ON "Don't encode CDG" ?

it still might not work due to that the design doesn't currently allow sweeping while revealing new text (must load the full text page before sweep)

Peel

Post by Peel »

Ha!
That did it! The page blobs are only 1/4 second long now. So as long as I don't plan on burning this, I'm in great shape.
Plus it still shows the CDG timing on the thin line on the timeline just above the blobs, so in those places where I have enough time, I can re-stretch out the page blobs to give the singer an ample preview.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

awesome!

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Being intimately acquainted with these somewhat "hidden" features of Producer :), let me also offer a few pointers:
1) You can also set the Minimum post-page gap. You set this is Producer Preferences. This will adjust the minimal amount of space kJams requires between the last sweep-render blob and the following page definition blob.
2) Likewise, you can set the minimum pre-page gap. This will adjust the minimum space kJams inserts between the page definition blob and the first text definition blob on the page.
To find this adjustment, you have to load the hidden prefs for Producer. To do this, hold down the ⌥ (option) key while selecting Preferences, or just use the ⌘⌥, (command, option and comma) keys.
3) Also, if your lyrics are very fast, you may need to fudge the last line of the previous page a bit, shifting them to the left and reducing their size, then shifting the next page def blob back a bit. Then you can adjust the following page's lyrics as necessary.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:o