Quirks while working in producer

Anything about producer. Questions, bug reports, feature requests, whatever you want!
Minerwerks

Quirks while working in producer

Post by Minerwerks »

Thanks, Dave, for putting together a karaoke editing tool for the Mac heads!
I was surprised it took me until July to find out it existed.

So I've been looking over the wiki and the video tutorials to get a handle on what Producer does, and had an issue - as well as a question/issue.

The issue I had is related to moving the "page" blobs, after doing the usual Tuneprompter workflow and opening in Producer.
When I clicked on the page blobs to move them, they reduced in size. I am assuming it is adjusting to be exactly how long the program thinks it needs to draw that page on screen. But when I look at the finished result in CDG mode (high quality render unchecked), those blobs have been reduced too much - the screen does not draw in total before the sweeps begin. But I also was not able to extend the blobs back to allow more time to draw the page.
What might I be doing wrong? Should I not click on/move the page blobs? Do I need to use a different method to select/move them?

The question/issue involves working on a producer project at different times. Can I save what I am doing and come back to it later for additional tweaking/editing? I tried hitting "stop" to take the track out of Producer edit mode then re-select Producer from the menu. The timings of sweeps that I adjusted with Producer still existed when I re-opened the track, however the font and vertical alignment had gone back to defaults. Does this mean I need to complete all the changes I want and make a CDG file in one session (or at least leave it open on my computer until satisfied/finished)?

Thanks in advance for any help,
= Derek =

dave
Site Admin

Re: Quirks while working in producer

Post by dave »

can you make a screencast (with audio) illustrating the problem ?

you can use QuickTime for that..

also, send me your KTP+Audio file so i can see it for myself
Can I save
yes: command-S

if that doesn't work it's a bug!

Minerwerks

Post by Minerwerks »

dave wrote:
Can I save
yes: command-S

if that doesn't work it's a bug!
I didn't think to try a regular command-S save because the kjams menus were visible. I thought I would have to click something in the Producer display. But yes, of course, saving like this works! I see it creates an .xml file when I save.

I made the recording that you requested and will send it along.

Thanks!
= Derek =

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

you can use my dropbox