Adding lyrics

Anything about producer. Questions, bug reports, feature requests, whatever you want!
HowardBrazee

Re: Adding lyrics

Post by HowardBrazee »

Are there instructions anywhere on how to retrieve the parts needed from a song with misspelled lyrics so that I can start over?

Some songs have lots of graphics and headings and such that I don't know how to recreate, but would love to keep. But there are some incredibly stupid misspellings!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

no, there are no instructions, sorry, can't help with that.

i'll just say: copy and paste should work if you know what you're doing, but you must include the color palette. if you don't understand that, sorry i can't help more than that.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

It's doable. I've done it. It's annoyingly frustrating, EXTREMELY time-consuming, and really not worth the time and effort, and will NOT be appreciated by anyone, but it DOES give one a sense of accomplishment to hand craft an apostrophe out to empty CDG fonts and shifting the next letter over a few pixels, to overcome some dumb spelling error.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:shock:

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

BTW ( a year later) the easy way to solve the original problem is to open both the instrumental track and the original in an Audacity window, and then add or remove silence from the front of on of the tracks to get them is that they both start at exactly the same spot. (If they don't actually start at the same musical point, mark a key part of the song, like where the signer starts, find it in both tracks, and then add or remove silence from the front of on of the tracks to sync them up.

If you want lossless, you can use an app like Fission to losslessly edit the MP3 by adding or removing silence as above, but you'll have to eye ball it, since you can't open two tracks in the same window.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)