.mcg

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
AllettaTate

How to tell if my CD drive will work for rip/burn?

Post by AllettaTate »

I just downloaded kJams and am very excited about getting up and running. The problem is, I downloaded songs (from CAVSusa.net) and when then unzip, they are in a .mp3 (fine) and .mcg (don't know what this is) format. They unzip automatically, so I can't import them as a zip. What is this format and is it supported by this program. I would love to be able to download directly to kJams. Is this possible? Thanks,
Letty

dave
Site Admin

CAVS files, kJams Music Store

Post by dave »

CAVS files:
The .mcg format is priprietary to CAVS. I have already contacted them requesting their licensing terms so that I could include it within kJams but they have not yet responded. Please write directly to them at cavs@cavsusa.net and request that they open their technolgy up to licensing by 3rd parties. For now, you will need a PC or PC Emulator, and run the program http://www.cavsusa.com/playcdg_home/decoder_cdg.htm to convert from .mcg to .cdg.

kJams Music Store:
This is something i'd very much like to do. If I had a team, I'd have some people working out the details right now, so that I could launch the KTMS when I launch version 1.0 next year. Since I am only one person, I can only do so many things at once, so this will have to happen after I launch version 1.0.

Alletta Tate

Thanks. . .

Post by Alletta Tate »

for the information. It seems I will be buying a lot of CD's for now. But kJams will be very helpful in cutting out unwanted songs, etc. Good Luck, this is a great idea!
Letty

dave
Site Admin

Re: .mcg

Post by dave »

FYI: kJams can now play MCG Files, and it also has built in Music stores.