Warn if current song will be interrupted

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Karanight

Warn if current song will be interrupted

Post by Karanight »

When I have Pref 'Warn if current song will be interrupted' ticked I used to get the warning when I inadvertently double clicked a track whilst a track was playing. With the latest download I now get the message if I pause a track, and, when I click the small button to start the track at the beginning and also when a track has almost finished with just the outro playing and I click to forward to the next track.

Is this by design, Because I preferred the older way where I didn't get the message at these times. The feature is a great fail safe, but with it being all encompassing I'm not so sure. Could you make it so that there are two options, one as it was and one as it is now.

By the way I've changed my login name from lenskaraoke to karanight because I'm fed up with some singers who think there clever by googling my name and getting all my forum stuff.
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

jfbiii

Re: Warn if current song will be interrupted

Post by jfbiii »

I noticed the difference last week with this feature...had trouble moving from song to song in the rotation when someone wasn't there and I skipped them and then wanted to go back. I haven't decided if the new way is better or not, but I definitely noticed that it was there. I appreciate some safeguards that keep me from accidentally screwing up my show, I just need to experience this one a little more and decide if it's an improvement.

So you're being stalked online by your singers? That's kind of funny. I have my myspace for karaoke show announcements and news, of course, and there's my livevideo channel for broadcasting it live with a chat, but otherwise I think they're uncurious about what I'm doing in forums and such. I don't think any of them are that into karaoke that they're gonna spend much time reading about it online.
From he to whom much liquor is given...much singing is expected.

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

There are two individuals that always know when I've been on the forum and If I've been a little nieve with my message they always let everyone know. Unfortunately they bring a lot of drinkers otherwise I'd not put them up to sing.

As for the new way this feature is working I turned it off last night and had to be more careful not to cut anyone off. There is a way I did use it when I discovered it and that was to simply click whatever I needed early and get the warning box up and when I was ready to interrupt I hit enter, but I personally still find it more of a nuisance than a help because it's not instant on the buttons mentioned. Maybe in pref's if we could tick boxes to specify what was to be interupted..... but then I suppose thats a lot of work for Dave.

Web site at

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i'll try to make it a bit more flexible

-dave

jfbiii

Post by jfbiii »

There is a way I did use it when I discovered it and that was to simply click whatever I needed early and get the warning box up and when I was ready to interrupt I hit enter
Oh...that's a bit brilliant. Never considered using it that way.
From he to whom much liquor is given...much singing is expected.

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

Well thanks for that comment.
I'm always telling people that I'm brilliant but no one normally believes me.

Web site at

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Okay i've added an extra pref so you can shut it off just for the transport controls (back, forward, play, pause, stop, cue), but keep it otherwise.

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

An excellent addition. Works great without going overboard. Thanks

Web site at

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)