kJams Web Server

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
leo-magic

Post by leo-magic »

The ability to search also in the stores-database (tricerasoft) and add songs to the tonights-list.
The Karaoke-DJ can than decide if he wants to buy the song or not.

Léo

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

you can search in the store, just use the search box.

you can't add a song to a playlist until you buy it. but you can play the sample right in the store list.

-dave

leo-magic

Post by leo-magic »

no no, search in the store-database within the web-interface...

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

OIC right, hmmm.

i'm not really sure how that should be managed. obviously you'd HAVE to have some interaction with the KJ, since the singer would be either spending the KJ's money or would pay the KJ to buy the song. I suppose i could let you search in the Music Store as it's own playlist, then if you want to sing a song from there you click a "request purchase" button, at which time you go talk to the KJ to arrange payment or something? how do you imagine it would work, exactly?

leo-magic

Post by leo-magic »

hmm... The cool thing about store-integration is, that you have many many songs... So for the singer it isn't important, if you have them on your mac or you can download it...

There must be a huge database with all songs, from library and store. For the singers using the webinterface threr isnt' a difference of library and store-songs.

If a store song is added to the today-list, there's a blinking request in kJams on the singers folder.

The KJ can show the song in the store-list, maybe choose another label, doubleklick the song and download it...
-> When klicking on blinking request: Open store-list with search entry "song name artsist" (so KJ can choose the label and download the best version)

Wouldn't that be great?

Léo

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay that sounds pretty neat, it's on the list then.

-dave

aantix

Post by aantix »

What about allowing for an open system, where anyone can walk up without an account and put in a song request?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

you have that now. walk up, log in, put in a song.
you must log in as a singer to add a song, however. but it's simple to do that

Nik
Site Admin

Post by Nik »

There's a bug with selecting/dragging items. It's been fixed and should be correct in the next version of kJams (along with some other web UI fixes and additions).

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

I'm not able to log in since the latest kjams download 1.0d49r48
I get the singer login page, but there's a message "Please Wait" and below that is the password box. the please wait has been on the screen for about 5 min's I'm unable to log in on my Mac and a PC using safari. kJams is open
Tell the truth or lose the horse

Nik
Site Admin

Post by Nik »

lenskaraoke wrote:I'm not able to log in since the latest kjams download 1.0d49r48
I get the singer login page, but there's a message "Please Wait" and below that is the password box. the please wait has been on the screen for about 5 min's I'm unable to log in on my Mac and a PC using safari. kJams is open
How many singers do you have?

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

I've got about 364 singers at the venue, but I've only put passwords in for two them

Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Guys,

A couple of observations for this fantastic feature:

1) Doesn't work on my iphone
2) Singers song selections start at 0 rather than 1, not a big issue but can give the impression of singing 1 less then is obvious
3) When a singer changes their order it doesn't appear to change on the KJ Rotation

Otherwise I used this tonight with a couple of test singers and it went very well, and they love it. Lot's of my friends have iphones so it would be good if that can be sorted, rather than leaving my own laptop for people to spill beer over.

Oh and the option to add yourself as a new singer works, adds you, but doesnt mark you here till you select a song - perfect

Great work Dave!

Paul

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

OK I can log in for a venue where I only have 15 singers
Does this mean that a singer will be able to log in as long as their venue is actually open, or, is that the way it just now.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the hanging and not returning to the login screen is a bug, we're looking into it.

obviously a singer can only log into the current venue.