Questions about Background Music and Mixer

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
aantix

Questions about Background Music and Mixer

Post by aantix »

I am interested in purchasing KJams

1) Is it possible to setup a playlist of mp3's that would play when the karaoke becomes idle? I've used streamkaraoke.com a lot in the past and we generally just let people look up their own songs and hit play on the computer. Sometimes there's a lot of dead time in between songs and it'd be nice if the computer was filling the dead time with a good mix of tunes.

2) Is it possible to use the Mac as a mixer as well? If I just plug in my mic (looks like I'd need a converter), will it suffice? And then I can jump dump the audio output to my stereo receiver.

Thanks in advance.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

Is it possible to setup a playlist of mp3's that would play when the karaoke becomes idle
that is literally the next feature i'm working on.
Is it possible to use the Mac as a mixer as well?
yes
http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Microphone

aantix

Re: :)

Post by aantix »

dave wrote: that is literally the next feature i'm working on.
Wow, very exciting!

Is this feature going to be for the Lite or Pro version?

Any chance that I could be a guinea pig and test this feature for you? :-) How soon do you think it will be released?

P.S. I've given some thought to this feature. When someone plays a karaoke track the current music should fade out and the karaoke track fade in. Once the karaoke track is done with I am not sure whether it makes sense for the system to fade in with a new music track or resume the current music track.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

Lite or Pro version
pro only
Any chance that I could be a guinea pig and test this feature for you?
everyone is a guinea pig. that includes you.
How soon
no clue. my life is presently upside-down. you may have noticed i'm not really working much.