Erasing CD trackname from memory

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
mglasson

Erasing CD trackname from memory

Post by mglasson »

Here's the situation... A CDG's info is only partially entered into kJams for a test import (i.e., the first three tracks). After upgrading to the full version, i do a CD look-up on itunes or enter the track info using itunes, then I quit itunes, eject the CD, relaunch kjams and it's remembering the mostly blank names that were leftover from before. I've tried trashing the library but it still rememembers the CD tracks as being untitled. Is there a pref file I can trash to wipe the slate clean and have kJams look at the itunes CDinfo.cidb file for track info?

:roll:

dave
Site Admin

start over with CD meta info

Post by dave »

yes, kJams caches CD info in the "kJams CDs" folder. To see which file in that folder refers to a particular CD, run kJams and put the CD in. Then, double click the CD and change something, eg: set the year or change a character somewhere. Then hit OK, then either wait a few seconds (for auto save) or just go File->Save. Then, eject the CD. Then, in the finder, go to the "kJams CDs" folder and view by date, the most recent one is your file. Go ahead and delete it. Then pop the CD back in, you should then get a fresh start with that CD.

-dave

mglasson

Post by mglasson »

that'll do it! Thanks a lot :)