Question about HP DVD1040e

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
jandys

Question about HP DVD1040e

Post by jandys »

Please do you know for shure the HP DVD1040e is compatible with mac leopard even if is saying is for windows ...on the box .Thats the only one I can find in the store (bestbuy)Do you know if that would work?
Thank you

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

One user says "found out the hard way it didn't work", i wrote to him but have not heard back, i don't know what he means.

I just now heard back from another user says "works great" for burning and ripping.

So i'll say: buy it and try it, it will probably work, please report your results here. If it doesn't work you can always return it.

ps: drive manufacturers for the most part don't know that macs exist, so they won't bother putting "works with mac" on the box, even if it works just fine.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

If you do buy it, please let me know if it works. Like i said, i tried it and it didnt work for burning, not very well atleast. Graphics were extremely glichy and the audio was choppy. Good luck. Like Dave said, you can always return it.
Cheers

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

right, so if you find that it works on your computer, before you jump for joy be SURE to test it on real karaoke hardware. sometimes you can get perfect burns that work fine on all computers, but then it won't play on real karaoke hardware. please report all your findings here :)

be sure to use top quality media (and not colored media), and only use CDR discs, not CDRW discs. Actually CDRW discs are great to use if you're only using them with computers, and to do test burns to see if your drive will work, but then, for the final test in real karaoke hardware, you must use a CDR (cuz real karaoke hardware will NOT read a CDRW)

-dave