Mic showing up in but not working

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
samd12

Mic showing up in but not working

Post by samd12 »

I have a Logitech usb mic and it shows up in the os, it even detects my voice via the level indicator. When I load the app it also adds the mic level under the volume level in the upper right but I can not hear my voice. When I go into the preferences I do not see the mic listed I simply see internal and built in mic. Any ideas? Also can I hook up multiple mics?

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

I have a Logitech usb mic and it shows up in the os
do you mean you can see it in the Audio Input preferences panel?
When I [run kJams] it also adds the mic [volume control] under the [speaker] volume [control] in the upper [left] but I can not hear my voice
it will show the mic volume control if you have picked anything except "None" in the audio prefs panel, apparently you have not picked your mic.
When I go into the preferences I do not see the mic listed I simply see internal and built in mic
Can you see your mic listed in GarageBand? Audio Hijack? I'm just doing the normal "ask the OS for all the microphones" thing, so it should show up if other apps can see it.

-dave