Kjams Pro Licence (Mac OS / Windows)

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Bialykot

Kjams Pro Licence (Mac OS / Windows)

Post by Bialykot »

I have Kjams Pro but don't use it that often, so this is not a critical question. I've had to upgrade to Catalina as I have software that requires that OS, but obviously Kjams Pro is not now functional as it's 32 bit still.

I have a Windows 10 Bootcamp partition on my MacBook, so my question is:

a) will my Mac OS licence work with the Windows version of Kjams Pro?
b) and if so, how can I deactivate the Mac OS KJ licence and transfer to Windows if I can't launch KJ in Catalina?

Many thanks in advance. As I said not hugely urgent but would be nice to sort out as temporary measure until KJ 64 bit released.

HowardBrazee

Re: Kjams Pro Licence (Mac OS / Windows)

Post by HowardBrazee »

Because of the delay in getting Catalina-ready kJams, I ended up doing something which I believe is a good idea anyway.

I bought an external SSD drive and installed Mojave on it. When I want kJams, I boot up to that drive. If I want, I could boot up to that drive on someone else's Mac.

When kJams is Catalina ready, this will be my backup kJams (I do copy my data to my main iMac drive). And I will always have a bootable OSX drive that is one generation old. I have a program called ChronoSync which I use to copy data files between my Mac and my wife's Mac with a schedule. I also synchronize files between my Mac and this boot drive. If my Mac goes down, I can plug this into my wife's Mac and go on.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

a) yes licenses are transferable across platforms
b) i can do it for you, please send an email or text me

And Howard's suggestion of having an external boot drive is a good one!

-dave

Bialykot

Post by Bialykot »

That’s brilliant. Thanks very much. I’ll send you email in next couple of days.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:)