Renaming a Playlist

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Dr.Rhythm

Renaming a Playlist

Post by Dr.Rhythm »

It took me a bit to figure this out so I thought I would post a question on this item. If I create a new playlist by clicking the + button in the lower left corner of the screen or by going to File > New Playlist, kJams gives me a nice new playlist called Untitled Playlist.

Now the weirdness comes when I want to rename that playlist. Double-Clicking the playlist gives you that target icon, which by the way really confused me until I figured out what that little target icon actually does.

Sorry, back on topic here, so double-clicking give you the target, so that doesn't let you rename the playlist. What I'm used to in other apps for this sort of thing is click once to select the item, in this case the playlist. Wait a half second and then click once again on the item and your able to rename. So it's not a double-click but it is two clicks in a row on the same item. This behavior doesn't seem to work in kJams.

In order to rename a playlist, I have to double-click, triple-click, quadruple-click while wiggling the mouse around and standing on one foot. It's just kinda random but eventually it allows me to rename. Is there an easier method that I'm missing? I couldn't find a menu item that said Rename.
Dr. Rhythm

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

Click once on the playlist.

However make sure that you click on the text not on the icon. Make sure too that you leave the mouse pointer over the text until the edit box comes up. (About half a second)

I would bet you my last kipper bone that you have either been clicking on the icon or in the empty space after the text. This would make your results seem a bit random.

CC
Last edited by ChurchCat on Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every forum needs it's own cat.

Dr.Rhythm

Post by Dr.Rhythm »

Well that certainly didn't seem to be working before but it's working now. Maybe I'm just extremely ADD. :?
Dr. Rhythm

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

Dr.Rhythm wrote:Well that certainly didn't seem to be working before but it's working now. :?
Good news.

:D

It took me a while to realise that the pointer had to be nicely over the text. I spent a while icon clicking before I caught on.

CC
Every forum needs it's own cat.

dave
Site Admin

yes

Post by dave »

the trick is to click and HOLD STILL.

:)

Dr.Rhythm

Post by Dr.Rhythm »

Yep, That confirms it. I have ADD. 8)
Dr. Rhythm