Copying a song from desktop to laptop

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
SwampTrax

Copying a song from desktop to laptop

Post by SwampTrax »

I have a problem with one CDG track. I got it from the internet several years ago. It plays fine on the desktop. But the music only starts well past the beginning of the song on the laptop. I have tried deleting it and trashing original files on the machbook pro and copying it back to the laptop from the desktop. Still get the same problem. I know I'm probably doing something wrong, but can't seem to figure it out. I still have the original zip file on the desktop. and that is what I copy over to the laptop. I have tried it with screen sharing and a thump drive.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Copying a song from desktop to laptop

Post by dave »

try clearing your cache (kjams->prefs->audio->clear)

SwampTrax

Post by SwampTrax »

I did that, and still get the same result. I now think the .zip file may be messed up. Is there anyway to get the good file that plays fine from the desktop to the laptop? Funny thing is i tunes plays the .mp3 fine.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

perhaps you have trimmed your song?

if not, send me the one from the laptop. yes, you can "get it from the desktop to the laptop" in the usual way (network, or email it to yourself). just replace the existing (bad) one with the new (good) one, be SURE they have the EXACT same name. then clear your cache again.

SwampTrax

Post by SwampTrax »

It is solved. It must have been a name issue. Still not sure what fixed it, but it is now working as expected.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:D