Need to install kJams 2 on a temporary computer while I get my mac keyboard repaired

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
waynegfx

Need to install kJams 2 on a temporary computer while I get my mac keyboard repaired

Post by waynegfx »

Dave I am having to send my MacBook Pro off to have the keyboard repaired and I am going to be using my old macBook Air. Do I just install kJams 2 on the temporary computer? I think it is going to be for about 7 days. Thanks for all your incredible help

dave
Site Admin

Re: Need to install kJams 2 on a temporary computer while I get my mac keyboard repaired

Post by dave »

you want to clone your system to the other computer:
https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Cloning

this includes your license

waynegfx

Re: Need to install kJams 2 on a temporary computer while I get my mac keyboard repaired

Post by waynegfx »

I am now being asked for a serial number, I can only find mine for kJams not kJams 2. My email is waynegfx@aol.com thank you

waynegfx

Post by waynegfx »

I am trying to follow the clone instructions, but my music is on an external solid state hard drive so not sure how to get everything linked, sorry for being so ignorant of the process. Thanks so much

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

first ensure you've dragged your preferences folder to the new computer
then on the old computer, run one last time and go help->deactivate
then when you run on the new computer, it should pick up the serial number and "just work".

for the external drive, if you have dragged your prefs folder (named "kJams") and music folder (also named "kJams") to their corresponding locations on the new computer, then it should all "just work" without you having to "get everything linked"

-dave