CD-G or MP4

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
HowardBrazee

CD-G or MP4

Post by HowardBrazee »

I've been buying MP4 versions of songs because they look better. But I believe I won't be able to burn CDs with them, and decided to download the CD-G versions. I didn't see a way to find out which songs were MP4 using kJams, so I looked in my kJams music folder for MP4 disks. I picked a song and went to the vendor and downloaded a CD-G version. Now I have both versions in kJams, and went to Comments to write down which version of the song was which.

I probably should have just saved the .zip song somewhere else and not loaded it until I want to burn a CD.

What do you guys recommend here? Did I miss a setting that shows what kind of file is in kJams?

dave
Site Admin

Re: CD-G or MP4

Post by dave »

I didn't see a way to find out which songs were MP4
Show the "Format" sort column. Here's how to show / hide sort columns.

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

Interesting. Looking at the files, I saw .zip & .mp4. With the Format heading, I see:

2 are blank
2 are .m4v
967 are .mov
40 are .mp3
53 are .mp4
1 is .wmv
3 are .mp3+

Which can be burned?

I had a song which was .MP4, and downloaded a CD-G version and loaded it. I thought kJams would show both versions, but apparently it sees the new .mp3 version. It's not obvious to me whether I can switch between them. Finder shows both an .mp4 and a .zip file.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

burnable are mp3 and mp3+ and zip. the ".mov" ones MAY be burnable IF they are actually just audio AND have a corresponding CDG file right next to it with the same name.

yeah if the CDG version of the mp4 file had the EXACT same name, it may have "replaced" the one in the Library, so you can't see both. you may need to go into the file system to where it resides, and drag it to the desktop, then re-import it (add to library). then you can throw out the one on the desktop

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

So I should load both versions, even though only one version is visible from within kJams. I can see both files when I go to finder though.

When I try to burn songs, will kJams let me know which songs are doable before burning the CD-G - allowing me to load the proper version without wasting a blank CD?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

they should definitely both be visible within kJams.

kJams will warn you if you attempt to burn a CD with songs in the wrong format