Change rating in batch?

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Dr.Rhythm

Change rating in batch?

Post by Dr.Rhythm »

Is there any way that I can change the rating for a group of tracks at once. You can't do it by selecting a group of songs and then clicking the rating for one of them in the list view. The Get Info window doesn't show the rating field. In fact there are a number of metadata fields that the Get Info window doesn't display.

It may seem silly to rate a bunch of tracks all at once but I want to do this because I have ripped discs from different manufacturers and now I know that some brands are better than others. I want to batch rate the good discs to say 3 stars. Then later I can individually rate certain tracks higher but that will give me a good idea at a glance if the disc was a good one or not. I realize that I could look at the Album name but it seems like there should be a way to batch change the rating.
Dr. Rhythm

dave
Site Admin

metadata

Post by dave »

at this time i've not gotten to it. i have to write kJams in stages, getting the most out as quick as i can. i wrote the original metadata dialog (get info) way back before i had even started my extensible meta data thing. Now that i've got full blown extensible meta data, i'll be re-writing the get info dialog to be dynamic depending on what meta data you wish to see. it will be future compatible too, allowing you to add your own kinds of unforeseen meta data and still edit it. believe me i have very big plans for the whole meta data thing and very yes, you'll be able to set stuff in batches. sorry it's not there yet but i'm just one guy.

-dave

Dr.Rhythm

Post by Dr.Rhythm »

Okay Dave, no worries. Just consider it a feature request. :)
Dr. Rhythm

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

8)