Playlists

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
HowardBrazee

Playlists

Post by HowardBrazee »

I created a new playlist "Untitled Playlist", and right clicked it to select "Get info", but never got a window to rename it. I tried single and double clicking on it, double clicking created "target mode".

How do I rename it?

And a couple of times I have renamed a song - creating a playlist of unrenamed songs. But the song appeared to be renamed successfully in my library anyway, so I deleted that playlist. What was happening there?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Playlists

Post by dave »

select it, then do one of these 2 things:

click it again THEN DON'T MOVE THE MOUSE
--or--
press the return key

then:
https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/*_Songs_Not_Renamed

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

I suppose that means that someday the rename will disappear. Or maybe not. I don't see that I know how to fix it.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i don't understand this statement: "someday the rename will disappear"

songs will remove themselves from the "songs not renamed" playlist IF you rename the song such that name / artist / album are all filled in. is that what you mean?

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

I meant, if my rename didn't "really" work, even though it appears to have worked perfectly except for that error message, I infer that someday the rename will go away. But I probably don't understand it correctly.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i still don't know what you mean by "the rename will go away". i think we should use email to communicate and not the forums.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The songs are being included in the "* Songs Not Renamed" playlist because whatever you are renaming them does not conform to whatever template you have set for your name template in the "Tags" section of kJams Preferences. If I were to guess, I'd say that you more than likely have it set to L-T - R - S, but are renaming the songs just by setting song name and artist, but not adding an album and track number value.
Unless all four fields have values (L: album, T: track #, R: artist, S: song name) the track will not be able to conform its name to the template, not be able to rename the file name correctly, and will thus be added to the "* Songs Not Renamed" playlist.
They will not, however, change back. They just won't be automatically removed from the "* Songs Not Renamed" playlist until the name conforms with the template set in "Tags".
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:o