External hard drive died, now many songs can't be found

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
waynegfx

External hard drive died, now many songs can't be found

Post by waynegfx »

I have many songs that can't be found because the external hard drive has crapped out. I don't know how to make the songs load in kJams2 because there is no such original spot from which is was loaded. I did have another external hard drive with the music on it. I can see the files when I sorted them by File:Zip or File:Audio

dave
Site Admin

Re: External hard drive died, now many songs can't be found

Post by dave »

if the backup drive was an exact clone of the dead drive (ie: same exact folder structure and song files), then just rename the new drive to have the name that the old drive had.

if not, you'll need to do a rebuild:
https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Rebuild

waynegfx

Post by waynegfx »

If I already have kJams2 on the external hard drive, do I delete it as well? I did an alias on my MacBook Pro and the folder is on the new solid state hard drive.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

The application itself? You can put that wherever you want, but keep in mind that the updater encourages you to put the app into the Applications folder on the internal drive. If you do that and forget you did it, you'll keep running the OLD version of kJams.

But then you speak of a "folder". An app is not really a folder. So i'm not SURE i know what you're trying to get across.