VCD

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Brendan

VCD

Post by Brendan »

When will Kjams support VCD format? I have alot of VCD's i would love to rip to Kjams.
Thank you

dave
Site Admin

VCD

Post by dave »

it will be a while before i get to DVD and VCD ripping, meanwhile, you can easily use a 3rd party tool to rip them, then just bring them into kJams.

http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Ripping_Other_Formats

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

This works beautifully. What is the best way to fill in the song, singer info? Also, I understand i have to store the converted files in a separate folder on my computer and not move them. Can i place these files into a Kjams folder? Reccomendation?
Thank you so much!

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

Sadly, you must tag the songs manually. I don't know if MediaRage is capable of tagging an individual media file? If it is that's probably your best bet. Otherwise you can just manually tag it inside kJams once you import it. (select it and get info)

I recommend making a new folder inside the kJams folder called "Imports", and inside that put each batch of imports into a new folder. Then you can just "Add to Library" the new folder each time, and if you ever rebuild your library, you can "Add to Library" the whole "Imports" folder.

Do NOT place anything inside (or futz with) the "kJams Music" folder.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Okay, i dont mind tagging them myself, i'm just glad i can use them. By the way, where can i find out how to back up my kjams library? and when i purchase the license, i won't have to re do my library right? and finally, you pointed out before my drive does not support de-interleaving, how long before this patch or build will support my drive in kjams?
Cheers

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

to backup your library, just archive your "kJams" folder, and also your preferences, which are in "/Users/<you>/Library/Preferences/kJams/" that's it!

when you buy a license, it "just works", no you don't have to re-do your library! wow that would be silly!

Well, if it supports CD+G but not de-interleaving that means you can read but not write. I am not 100% sure it can be fixed in software but i will most certainly give my herculean efforts to it, probably this year. Sorry i don't have a better time frame than that.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thanks a million, Keep plugging away. I know you have your plate full. Sorry for all the questions. I'll let ya get back to making kjams kick A@# even more.
Cheers

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

8)