Error Renaming Songs

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
jfbiii

Error Renaming Songs

Post by jfbiii »

I get this message every time I change the meta data on a CD that I put it which comes up "Audio CD" and I also get it when a song is finished encoding.

I've examined my music folder, and all of the songs seem to be getting to where they belong without any issues. The library listing shows all the songs, and the songs all play the way they are supposed to. I don't think that I changed the "conform song names" template at any point. It's currently set at: L-T - R - S

I've currently ingested about 70 disks, and this happened around disk 42 or so. I was chugging along on another project and just stopping to change disks when they were finished ripping. (At this point the CD data was being found by freedb so I wasn't entering metadata). When a disk suddenly took forever to finish and the rest of my system slowed to a complete crawl, I started quitting other applications and got up to take a break. 15 minutes later, I had seen no update of the task bar and forced quit kJams. That's when I started getting the "Error Renaming Songs."

As I said, the kJams music folder seems to be in order, all the songs I've ripped are there, with the correct names, they appear in the library, and they all play back correctly and have the correct metadata associated with them. I've been through the documentation but haven't found anything that seems to apply to this issue. The only thing is the error notice and the way that it slows down the process of ripping my library.

Any thoughts?

System Info: OS X 10.4.11; dual 2.3 GHz PowerPC G5; 2.5 GB RAM; Boot ROM 5.2.4f1; LaCie d2 DVD-RW Firewire
kJams info: 1.0d48r20

The kJams Music folder is on an external FW drive

Thanks,
Joe

jfbiii

Never Mind

Post by jfbiii »

I opened kJams up to check the info that I put down, got the update notice, installed it, and it's now ripping without the error.

kJams1.0d48r22

Maybe it was just something in r20 which, come to think of it, I did update to somewhere in the middle of that big ripping session.

Thanks!

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

yes that bug was fixed like instantaneously. :) be siked :D

jfbiii

Post by jfbiii »

Siked doesn't even begin to describe how excited I am about this conversion. Seriously, I've had this big "just got laid" smile on my face after every session ripping disks. People are starting to make comments about it.

8)

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

Woah! :shock: