Getting Ready To Burn CD+G Discs When It's Available

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Lindy

Getting Ready To Burn CD+G Discs When It's Available

Post by Lindy »

I have a couple of CD/RW drives, but none of them show up on your list of drives that are compatible with burning CD+G discs. This is a feature that I'm looking forward to using, but I don't want to buy a drive until I know it will do what I want it to do with the least amount of hassle.

You recommend a drive and a firewire converter. I was wondering why you've recommended it this way. They offer a drive that appears to be the same drive in an external case. Is there something about the $149 converter that makes it different from the external drive? The external drive costs $5 more than the internal one? Is it worth $144 more or would one of the other drives on the list eliminate the need for the converter?

Thanks.

Lindy

dave
Site Admin

Ability to read == ability to burn (for an R/W drive)

Post by dave »

If you can use kJams to RIP successfully using your drive, then when burning becomes available you can rest assured it will be able to burn as well. Please test your drives for ability to RIP, and if they *are* capable, please send me their stats so I can update the Compatible Drives list.

Originally I recommended the internal over external because the external only had a USB interface. Don't go there unless it's USB 2.0 and your computer has a USB 2.0 socket. My only concern was speed, so if you get a FireWire or USB 2.0 one you're fine.