kJams with CDG+G only collection

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Dino.Carlton

kJams with CDG+G only collection

Post by Dino.Carlton »

Hi!

I am still 'old skool' with an extensive CDG+G collection - is kJams a viable solution for me?

Thanks!

dave
Site Admin

Re: kJams with CDG+G only collection

Post by dave »

yes, you would want to rip your collection:
https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Ripping

you won't be able to take advantage of all the features until you get your entire collection digitized, eg: search, singers & rotation, and the Server which lets singers the app "wtkJams" on their smart device to manage their personal queue, among other things.

You CAN run a show by sticking a disc in and playing a song directly from the disc, but there's zero benefit to that over using legacy karaoke hardware to play songs.

Dino.Carlton

Post by Dino.Carlton »

Hmmm, that's what I feared!

I was hoping to take advantage over the electronic songbook (Kiosk version) as a minimum, maybe with an iPad view of the request queue.

Anything like that on the roadmap? I get the fact that the whole ethos here is to digitise the collection! (I did look at this years ago, but there were few brands of CD/DVD readers that handled the format at the time). Maybe it's time to review that again. Sigh.... :D

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I was hoping to take advantage over the electronic songbook
the only way to do that is to rip your collection, since the "song book" is MADE from the library you have after you rip.

and yes, it's trivial to get a cheap drive that can rip/burn CD+G format, just click the banner ad at the top of this page.

note kJams makes it easy to get the metadata for your discs, so you don't have to type.

Dino.Carlton

Post by Dino.Carlton »

Thanks for the info, Dave - appreciated. Indeed, you have made it easy to track down a player/burner.

I will have a think and see if i am ready to start digitising yet. 8)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)