Lite version Supports MP3Gain/"ReplayGain" Headers?

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Jessticulate

Lite version Supports MP3Gain/"ReplayGain" Headers?

Post by Jessticulate »

Hi, Dave and everyone else.

I am a very satisfied home user of kJams Lite for many years now - I am known among my friends for my karaoke parties, so thank you, Dave, for making such a great product that makes it so easy.

My issue is in normalizing large disparities in song volumes - I'm running through Logic 8 and have tried compressing to catch super loud songs and even a bit of side-chaining so the vocal can poke through better, but then there's the super quiet files... LOL.

I've been researching online the MP3 Gain software to batch process the Library but I can't see that those files headers will necessarily be supported by kJams Lite. Alternately, does the Lite version support individual song volume controls?

Thanks so kindly.
Jessticulate
Last edited by Jessticulate on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Lite version Supports MP3Gain/"ReplayGain" Headers?

Post by dave »

kJams doesn't support MP3Gain stuff, sorry.

yes the Lite version will remember the volume you set per song, if you set it with "Remember Volume"

Jessticulate

Post by Jessticulate »

That's great, Dave! Thank you for getting back so quickly and saving me the time and effort.

Again, sincere thanks for developing such a tremendous product and all the tech support you provide! :D

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:D my pleasure.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

You can set MP3Gain to unrecoverable modify the actual track volume to match a batch volume level, and that setting will be able to be used by kJams. But as the name implies, this volume level normalization edits the actual track, and is not undoable at a later date.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

what he said